leaky brain syndrome

brendan

Try St. John's Wort: it is an SSRI and a p-glycoprotein inducer. Pgp plays a big role in BBB. (This leaky-ass syndrome seems interesting and plausible but to non-holistic doctors ---these disorders would seem like borderline BS----anyway i think it's an interesting look)

***But the glymphatic system seem like the real thing.

Hope-------well brendan was looking for something that basically fit his description-----what better than something you can pickup at walmart? lol

Visual-------I agree. Those things, though, are like "fine-tuning" when you become conscious of them, and try and avoid. Yeah but I do think how all foods seem so processed now -----we've forgetten what roughage is, lol.

Bad dp, anxiety symptoms, and analyzing your nutrition always seemed inversely proportional to me.

there seems to be a calcium connection, which may be why 5000iu of vitamin d has such a profound affect on reducing post prandial torpor for me. However, there seems to be a lot of pseudo sciencey stuff about with this. It is hard to tell if the pseuds are just early adopters of a real thing for which there is currently minimal evidence, or if it is just something they have made up. If it is real then they are probably just making it a difficult subject for scientists to investigate by citing results of eg kineseology tests.

I tried st jons wort a long time ago with little effect - or perhaps even made me a bit miserable. Maybe other p-glycoprotein inducers may be useful tho?

You got things like Quinidine, which get the heart beating normally from atrial fibrillation. The thing is: Pgp blocks/regulates virus waste, "cell garbage", regulated things at or near the cell membranes such as bacteria, chemicals (hormones, steroids, peptides etc.), and Drugs. But for instance, these inducers will not help with drug-resistance (such as with cancer drugs), they will promote drug-resistance. I feel that some people with certain mental illnesses do not respond to drugs well often because they have been bombarded with these psychotropics for so long. Even with the case of a guy on this website that was saying he was on like 5 or 6 mg Klonopin a day. ......If you have schizophrenia that is not responding to drugs, maybe doing something that influences the Pgp could help. I know that people who start with Lithium end up with something much stronger after a while.

******Also---Vit. D and calcium should always be taken together.

Pgp is involved with the BBB and is also important in blocking/disposing of toxins. Toxins (including neurotoxins) such as:

tetrodotoxins, red-tide toxins, (toxins from eating) reef-fish <ciguartera>, etc.

(**actually the first 2 toxins might kill you right away so i am not sure....lol)