Don't give up!

I was going to get on and write something really depressing. . . :P

The short is, that I'm only 19, and I am dealing with something I have very little knowledge about.

I keep going over moments in my life I wish I could go back too, and I often convince myself that I now will have to settle with a much lesser version of my ideal life. Truth is, I used to be a very good writer, and I held a lot of promise as a very good poet. It was something I regarded as my greatest gift. Something which now, sort of sits below me somewhere as I battle this illness. I some times convince myself that my mind is muddled, that I will not write, and I will sort of normalize myself, and spend my life in search of comfort. All I want to say is, some days are better than others, with an illness or without an illness that is just the way it is. I understand that life is hard, and things seem bleak through the static and the stars bursting through your eyes.

The truth is, however, that we are all forced to face some difficulty, and some face less of it, while others, like us face more. However, I believe it is important to remember that some, still face more challenges than we could imagine. I will not pretend that I have some sort of insight, or worldly knowledge of pain, and those who suffer. I however, am quite sure of the pain I feel, and have felt. The idea of little happiness, of compromise and forgone experiences. Just remember, that you are still here. You still have a role in our world, you have a duty to those around you, to never give up, to always try your best.

As a favorite poet of mine Dylan Thomas once wrote: Do not go gentle into that good night.

And by that he means, don't just lay down and give up. Fight! Do anything and everything in your power as human being to constantly search for answers and cures, and reasons to keep on getting up each and every morning.

I have to constantly remind myself that life is a struggle, and perception is all that is perceived. It's up to you to keep going. Just smile, and keep smiling. Hope everyone gets well soon.

Hope that wasn't too cheesy guys! ^_^

• Upvote 1

nice uplifter mike, i saw a severely mentally slightly pysichally disabled lad the other day and i thought shit...my visions a bit dodgy and i get anxiety attacks but...i can ride my bmx, i can drive my car. our lives are shit at times but, there are still others worse off

• Upvote 1

Good post Mike, i always stay at home at first when my friends do stuff becouse i think that i won't enjoy it as much as before but it always ends up with me going with them and i think that i enjoy it the most! :D You've got nothing to loose if you've got hppd, unless you choose to.

• Upvote 1