triazolam (halcion) and hppd?

cs1234

I've been given the chance to try triazolam as a sleep aid because of the insomnia that comes with HPPD. This is a benzo, but it's different from xanax and klono and valium. Triazolam is a hypnotic benzo similar to rohypnol because it just knocks you out. Anyways, I've heard that at high doses triazolam causes delirium and hallucinations. So how would a small dose (.125 triazolam) orally affect my hppd? Does anybody out there have any experience with this drug?

I have no idea about that drug.

I had some extreme sleep problems in the beginning but they went away pretty quickly. How long have you had sleep problems. What kind of sleep problems do you have? Have you tried safer options like valerian root, melatonin, or any other over-the-counter sleep aids?

In the first couple of weeks of HPPD, my visual snow was 100% geometric patterns. So whenever I closed my eyes, I saw crazy alien-like patterns. The shapes moved and changed and got bigger and got smaller etc. This meant that I would need to face these patterns for a little while when I was falling asleep. It got to the point where I was dreading bedtime and I was scared of it. Since then, I've learned to sleep with the light on and thankfully my snow has turned into more of a geometric mesh/static and its really easy for me to get to sleep. However I'm still scared of going to sleep and I still usually wait until I'm too tired to keep my eyes open to go to sleep. I'm still scared of going to sleep even though it's no longer stressful and scary! I've never had sleep problems before, in my opinion it's one of the worst side effects of HPPD.

cs1234 how long has it been since you have HPPD? I saw geometric patterns like you but disappeared when i stop taken ssri pills. It's a nightmare, because every night you remember you are not 'fine' ...

For a while i take valerian root several times a day with no significant effects, the only thing that makes me fall asleep is to think positively, take klonopin or eating large amounts of food prior to sleep better.

hope your doing well

I've used the most sleep medicines, I'm currently on the strong benzo-like Zolpidem. I think it's the closest you can come to triazolam. Zolpidem is also infamous for causing hallucinations. However, I've never had hallucinations from it nor has it worsened my HPPD. It just knocks you out.. There can be some retrograde amnesia with both Zolpidem and Triazolam (not remembering how or when you fell asleep).

I say you should give it a shot. Only sleep meds of this strength helps against severe insomnia. Don't use them every night though, as tolerance builds up fast. And be sure to be in bed when the effects kick in!

I've had HPPD for 6 months. The geometric patterning is very strange, I can almost control when shapes appear but I cant make them disappear. is this normal? I'll try magnesium suppliments cuz that sounds easy and cheap, then move on to other suggestions if that doesnt work. Thanks guys!