Neurological Research Opportunity

The Roanoke Brain Study at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is incredible research that has an amazing potential to unlock the mysteries of our brains. The data being collected in Roanoke could one day mean better treatments and one could only hope cures for the conditions so many of us don't understand. From Autism to Alzheimer's the potential is limitless for finding answers to the numerous questions through the Roanoke Brain Study.

This greatest woman I have ever known next to my mom was known as Lib to her friends but I called her Grandma. As she got older the twinkle in her eyes began to fade and her mind steadily wasted away into darkness because of Alzheimer's.

Dr. Sharon Ramey, Research Scholar at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Insititute says,"Many of us have loved ones that we have watched go through this cycle it is very painful and very challenging."

The research being conducted has a unique twist to the search for answers.

Director, Human Neuroimaging Laboratory and Computational Psychiatry Unit, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Dr. Read Montague explains, "We are using economical framed games and tasks and social exchanges between two people to sort of carve up the way your mind works... The way your mind works the way you think... We hope to track this through the school systems and through adulthood we hope a lot of families will get involved in this."

My hope is that you will find inspiration to be a part of something this monumental to our futures after a never before seen look at how it works.

After a short amount of paperwork we head back to MRI for a few hours of testing. I'm wanded down because no metal is allowed. The MRI is a giant magnet so our camera can't come past the door way. Once I'm in the machine the first of several scans begins..

As I go through each test, researchers follow along.

Dr. Ann Harvey, Research Scientist for Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute explains what adds to the potential of this investigative research, "Something as large as The Roanoke Brain Study allows us to do that in a way that we have never been able to do before because data is not normally collected on this scale with this many probes about decision making behavior."

Dr. Ramey, "If we can make it easier on ourselves and our families won't that be amazing."

It most definitely would be amazing and you can be a part of it by calling (540) 526-2059 or here is a link to how you can sign up for The Roanoke Brain Study.

Font Enlarged....

Sorry about that.

The Roanoke Brain Study at the Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute is incredible research that has an amazing potential to unlock the mysteries of our brains. The data being collected in Roanoke could one day mean better treatments and one could only hope cures for the conditions so many of us don't understand. From Autism to Alzheimer's the potential is limitless for finding answers to the numerous questions through the Roanoke Brain Study.

This greatest woman I have ever known next to my mom was known as Lib to her friends but I called her Grandma. As she got older the twinkle in her eyes began to fade and her mind steadily wasted away into darkness because of Alzheimer's.

Dr. Sharon Ramey, Research Scholar at Virginia Tech Carilion Research Insititute says,"Many of us have loved ones that we have watched go through this cycle it is very painful and very challenging."

The research being conducted has a unique twist to the search for answers.

Director, Human Neuroimaging Laboratory and Computational Psychiatry Unit, Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute, Dr. Read Montague explains, "We are using economical framed games and tasks and social exchanges between two people to sort of carve up the way your mind works... The way your mind works the way you think... We hope to track this through the school systems and through adulthood we hope a lot of families will get involved in this."

My hope is that you will find inspiration to be a part of something this monumental to our futures after a never before seen look at how it works.

After a short amount of paperwork we head back to MRI for a few hours of testing. I'm wanded down because no metal is allowed. The MRI is a giant magnet so our camera can't come past the door way. Once I'm in the machine the first of several scans begins..

As I go through each test, researchers follow along.

Dr. Ann Harvey, Research Scientist for Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute explains what adds to the potential of this investigative research, "Something as large as The Roanoke Brain Study allows us to do that in a way that we have never been able to do before because data is not normally collected on this scale with this many probes about decision making behavior."

Dr. Ramey, "If we can make it easier on ourselves and our families won't that be amazing."

It most definitely would be amazing and you can be a part of it by calling (540) 526-2059 or here is a link to how you can sign up for The Roanoke Brain Study.