HPPD and stress or fatigue

On 1/30/2024 at 6:38 AM, help123 said:

Hello,i didn t work for some time and now that I work I feel my visuals became worse(flare up).Am I the only one?

Hi there!

Yes, I think going back to work definitely has something to do with your flare up. I notice that when I am stressed and tired, my symptoms get worse. Probably more the being tired part is what gets me. What sort of job do you have? I don’t work right now, but the last job I had was as a checker at a large, extremely busy grocery store. My shifts were constantly changing. By about halfway through my shift, not only did I feel dead, but my symptoms would flare up. Another thought…if you are staring at a computer all day, that could cause your visuals to get worse. That happens to me as well. In my “professional” opinion (har har) I think that once you get into your rhythm, your flare up will go down. I am very lucky that I don’t have to work, as my husband is the breadwinner but I actually WANT to work. It would be nice to have some extra money and feel productive. My husband suggested that I wait until the summer and find an easygoing, low stress part time job if I want. That’s about all I would be able to handle these days. 
Anyway! Enough about me, congrats on your job!! I’m sure you will start to feel better soon 😊

• Like 1