Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)

Has anyone thought of DBS for the treatment of HPPD? According to some studies, it seems that visual snow syndrome is caused by some sort of thalamocortical dysrhythmia. I thought this was interesting as it seems many of us, including myself, have developed OCD after getting HPPD/VSS which associated with thalamocortical dysrhythmia as well. The only thing in our way is figuring out what area to target and then convincing a neurosurgeon to do it for you. DBS is usually used in Parkinson's disease which is caused by dopaminergic cell death. DBS offers Parkinson's patients immense relief but their condition is progressive and the relief wont last forever but will for us. 

I've only heard of two stories about using DBS to treat VSS/HPPD. One of them was a post from ten years ago saying his HPPD was cured after DBS. Another VSS patient claimed his visual distortiions were cured after undergoing DBS for part of a tinnitus study. 

"It has been proposed that symptoms of HPPD are caused by damage to inhibitory interneurons expressing 5-HT2A serotonin receptors to which most hallucinogens bind. This loss of cortical inhibition (21, 22) may manifest in aberrant occipital delta oscillations (23–25) associated with visual hallucinations." [source]

"The available evidence suggests that HPPD symptoms may be a result from a misbalance of inhibitory-excitatory activity in low-level visual processing and GABA-releasing inhibitory interneurons may be involved." [source]

21088-deep-brain-stimulation.jpg