Comfortably Numb

cs1234

When I was a child I had a fever

My hands felt just like two balloons

Now I've got that feeling once again

I can't explain, you would not understand

This is not how I am

I have become comfortably numb

Comfortably numb is one of my favorite pink floyd songs. The lyrics was written by Roger Waters. These specific lyrics make me think that the song is about Waters experiencing episodes of DP. Especially because of the line, "My hands felt like two balloons". I only had one episode of DP before I found out about it and I remember specifically that my hands and arms looked and felt strange. It makes sense that Waters would experience DP from all the drug use. Anyways, this is just a reminder that we're not the only ones that experience DP. It's just the body's natural response to high anxiety and stress. It sucks but you'll get through it sooner or later.

• Upvote 3

According to Rolling Stone, the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected with tranquilizers for stomach cramps by a doctor prior to playing a Pink Floyd show in Philadelphia on the band's 1977 In the Flesh tour.[5][6] "That was the longest two hours of my life," Waters said, "trying to do a show when you can hardly lift your arm." The experience gave him the idea which eventually became the lyrics to this song.

• 11 months later...

According to Rolling Stone, the lyrics came from Roger Waters' experience when he was injected with tranquilizers for stomach cramps by a doctor prior to playing a Pink Floyd show in Philadelphia on the band's 1977 In the Flesh tour.[5][6] "That was the longest two hours of my life," Waters said, "trying to do a show when you can hardly lift your arm." The experience gave him the idea which eventually became the lyrics to this song.

He may have said that, but those lyrics are too deep to be about that. Its got to be about dp.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...