age of first hallucinogen use? please respond, i need some input

When I was 14 i dropped acid for my first time, and took probably 20 tabs within the next 3 months. mixed in there were around 3-4 shroom trips. before i ended my tripping, i began to notice HPPD-like symptoms, and when it really hit me hard, i FREAKED OUT and haven't tripped since. For a couple months afterwards, HPPD dominated my every day life, and I was terrified. I won't explain all of my symptoms, they're basically what everyone else has. The worst though, and i dont hear a lot of people talk about it, is that SHIT DANCES AROUND, almost constantly in my peripheral vision.

Its been a year now, and HPPD has been a constant, though I have learned to function with it. I feel I'm on my way to recovery, but I still have my bad days.

What i want to know is, did anyone else start using at such an early age? I feel like the fact that i was so young, and admittedly immature, caused for the HPPD that still kicks my ass a year later. Pleeease let me know what you think.

When I was 14 i dropped acid for my first time, and took probably 20 tabs within the next 3 months. mixed in there were around 3-4 shroom trips. before i ended my tripping, i began to notice HPPD-like symptoms, and when it really hit me hard, i FREAKED OUT and haven't tripped since. For a couple months afterwards, HPPD dominated my every day life, and I was terrified. I won't explain all of my symptoms, they're basically what everyone else has. The worst though, and i dont hear a lot of people talk about it, is that SHIT DANCES AROUND, almost constantly in my peripheral vision.

Its been a year now, and HPPD has been a constant, though I have learned to function with it. I feel I'm on my way to recovery, but I still have my bad days.

What i want to know is, did anyone else start using at such an early age? I feel like the fact that i was so young, and admittedly immature, caused for the HPPD that still kicks my ass a year later. Pleeease let me know what you think.

I was 15 first time, a lot of ppl from what I read on polls on the old board were 16-21...

I've heard a lot of ppl talk about colors dancing around in their peripheral vision. Still happens to me, but not as bad as first 3 yrs. The more you pay attention to the visual disturbances the more they drive you crazy and raise anxiety. GL!

I was 15 first time, a lot of ppl from what I read on polls on the old board were 16-21...

I've heard a lot of ppl talk about colors dancing around in their peripheral vision. Still happens to me, but not as bad as first 3 yrs. The more you pay attention to the visual disturbances the more they drive you crazy and raise anxiety. GL!

have things gotten any better, and if so, how long did it take?

have things gotten any better, and if so, how long did it take?

My visuals got way better after 3-5 yrs. I went from seeing vivid streaking colors, to them fading into black and white. I still get distortions when I stare at any thing, but around a 80% improvement.

Sadly my Dp/Dr and the rest of the shit has stuck w/ me, but you do learn how to live w/ it. Forcing yourself to exercise, work, having relationships w/ ppl, even if you feel anxious you'll eventually get used to it.

You still have a slight chance of hppd going away until you hit the 2 or 3 yr. mark, then you don't hear of many cases stopping.

Just try to stay sober and don't let hppd stop you from setting and achieving your goals. Best advice I got besides exercise!

Take carecool.gif

I believe I was 13 or 14

Cassandra, you mentioned somewhere that herbal teas have really helped you...can you tell me which ones?

Valerian has really helped curb my anxiety and my insomnia, and im plannin on starting on St Johns Wort soon, hopefully thatll help. Tried Ginkgo Biloba, and so far its only given me a headache and a slightly trippy feeling, so im gonna stop that...any other suggestions?