6 month update (doing well)

so i first realized something wasn't right a week after my first and only acid (or potentially some sketchy research chemical) trip which took place on may 28th, 2017. i was a typical pothead for a couple of years before hand but the stuff has made me feel like i was on acid ever since. about a week after my trip, i took a fat dab which took me right back to my acid experience. After that night i began to experience symptoms of hppd. i would encourage you to look at my post history and read my original post from when i first realized i was experiencing symptoms of hppd. i am making this post because i wanted to shine a beacon of hope for those of you who are experiencing what i wet through over the last 6 months.

Here's what i have to say; you are gonna be okay. Its is very shocking to have these changes in your perception of reality. it really is. acid was life changing without a doubt. it changed the way i interpret reality. theres no changing that. i had departmentalization. i still do from time to time, but its something ive learned to live with. my symptoms consist of after images, double vision, floaters, starbursts and halos around lights, patterns and hypnagogic hallucinations before sleep. acid took a crowbar and opened the hell out of my third eye and i wasn't ready for it. i remember how i felt when i was first going through this and i made a promise to myself that if i made it out the other side i would make a post to encourage others to keep trudging through the mud of hppd.

Heres the bloody truth. all of the visual symptoms i had when i first got hppd i still have today. they haven't gone away. however, i still do consider myself lucky. Today i feel that i have made great progress in overcoming the burden called hppd that has taken a hold on my life. i am here to tell you that these symptoms do not have to dictate your attitude or the direction of your life. i live with these symptoms and they no longer get to dictate how i feel. Hppd taught me the power of my own will to overcome the negative experiencess that i have in life. it taught me to value what i do have and to not take it for granted. i still have a stable mind and a functioning body, and i will forever be gracious for those things.

Basically, if you are coming to this post because you have hppd i really want you to understand that your well being is entirely in your hands. Whether or not your symptoms fade, it is your mind state that really counts and that is the first thing you should be focusing on if you are looking to get better. Everything will be okay. But you have to stay strong in order to achieve that "okayness". Its so easy to get lost in that spiral of negativity but it takes strength to believe in yourself.

please if you have any questions leave them below, i will be happy to give you my input. i had a lot to say but i cant organize it all in this post, i know i had a ton of questions when i came to this forum so don't hesitate.

• Upvote 1