Lions Mane

holly

Hey I've been reading a bit on Reddit about people taking lions mane, fasting and exercising. And it gets rid of your hppd, sounds like an interesting thing to try. I shouldn't say get rid of but helping and some making it go away. Need advice/ guidance 

Edited by Originally

If only it was that easy. Exercising in particular to me seems kind of a waste of time, but mainly because I don't have any energy, like wtf. I don't have energy even if I trained a whole week, i'll still feel the 8th day like i'm all fresh. So no idea how these people who got suddenly rid of all health problems go out on exercising.

It's worth a shot. I just ordered some ashwaghanda because it lowers cortisol and boosts BDNF. It's supposedly the best herb to take for anxiety. Try it and see if it works.

It's a decent combo but that's not gonna "cure" HPPD. Exercise is the single best thing you can do to grow new neurons. You can overdo it though so it's best to keep it to about four days a week. Living an active lifestyle overall where you spend as little time possible sitting is really the best thing you can do for yourself. Lion's Mane promotes BDNF, as do many other substances. There's a long list on this site. I've found bacopa helps me the most. As for fasting, it's a good idea, but again, it's best done in moderation. If you can adopt a healthy, paleo-centric or ideally ketogenic diet and combine it with fasting and exercise you'll probably have your most luck in terms of healing your brain. But that's very difficult to maintain for long periods of time. Again, if you can alternate between periods of fairly rigorous and radical healthy living and periods of rest and relaxation you're probably gonna get the best of both worlds in terms of healing. I've found it's really a marriage of stimulus and relaxation. You need to direct your brain the right direction to heal but you also can't overdo it or else you'll end up with additional health problems like I have, which I promise you don't want! 

13 hours ago, Joeygeorgie88 said:

How did you overdo it then Fante and what are your additional problems?

I just pushed myself too hard with exercise and injured my foot, leg and a few muscles. Then with diet I've overdone it and now have some stomach problems. I've learned a lot throughout this process but one of the most important lessons is moderation, nothing in excess, to just ease into things and don't overdo it. 

Also get high grade fish oil. Your brain needs that shit and unless you're eating salmon and walnuts every day the modern western diet just doesnt provide enough.