Role of anxiety in HPPD/VSS and supplements for anxiety

I'm not sure if anxiety is relevant for how strong HPPD/VSS symptoms are. Is it a factor?

In any case, here are a list of supplements and herbs I used for anxiety in order of effectiveness from personal experience.

Erythrina Mulungu,
A combination of l-arginine/l-lysine,
l-theanine (you should get: suntheanine ®),
Scutellaria Galericulata (I used this in high doses, however expensive),
magnesium (400mg daily),
--

5-HTP

l-tryptophan
ashwaganda,
passionflower,
california poppy,
valerian,
lemon balm,
hops,
gingko biloba,

GABA

rhodolia rhodesia,

If this helps anyone that's good, What are your supplements you have used against anxiety?  Also if someone can provide an answer to the question if anxiety plays a role in HPPD/VSS symptoms   that would be much appreciated.

• Upvote 3

I believe if i did worry about my symptoms more then i wouldnt keep taking more drugs and in turn worsening my hppd. So worrying can be good sometimes.

For the first two years I was really stressing about the symptoms, checking if I still have them constantly - that was obsessive and thats wrong. But I don't remember them getting worse over it. Once my trailing got triggered out of the blue, while I was checking it out, but I was taking different drugs at that time, so it could be them not me.

Today I check my visuals few times a day to see how my excercise affects me, the herbs I try, the diet I am on at the moment etc.

I think there is nothing wrong with that, im not stressing about it or being obsessed. Its important to add that it increases the comfort of life when you learn to notice them but not get upset abou them. Its something that comes with time. So I think the key here is some kind of acceptance by learning NOT giving too much thoughts to it. I am saying some kind of acceptance, because I will never fully accept this condition. Its just my "beliefe" system.

I'm not sure if anxiety is relevant for how strong HPPD/VSS symptoms are. Is it a factor?

In any case, here are a list of supplements and herbs I used for anxiety in order of effectiveness from personal experience.

If this helps anyone that's good, What are your supplements you have used against anxiety?  Also if someone can provide an answer to the question if anxiety plays a role in HPPD/VSS symptoms   that would be much appreciated.

I personally don't associate myself with anxiety. My cognition is fucked up yes. I may look like im anxious while being in a group of people - too much information going around etc. But thats still not anxiety - thats my brain not being able to handle so many informations etc.

Anxiety doesn't have any influence on my cognition or hppd symptoms. Sleep does.

Either way - Jogging and skateboarding helps me a lot to relax. It increases comfort of life too, by having that few hours a day that I forget about other matters. I think that is really really important - to have something to do that you really like, that absorbs you. 

Erythrina Mulungu, - havent tried
A combination of l-arginine/l-lysine, - i am going to try
l-theanine (you should get: suntheanine ®), - it used to relax me, it was brilliant. Since my hppd got worse - it triggers my HPPD - after l-theaning my brain goes blank.
Scutellaria Galericulata (I used this in high doses, however expensive), - havent tried
magnesium (400mg daily), - epsom baths decreased my cognitive/visual reaction time slightly, so I stopped. But maybe I should have used less magnesium.
--

5-HTP

l-tryptophan
ashwaganda, - couldn't think straight after
passionflower,
california poppy,
valerian, - couldn't think straight after
lemon balm,
hops,
gingko biloba, - i think no effect, so maybe I will try taking it again for the long term benefits.

GABA - it is somehow amnesiac and didnt go well together with my hppd

rhodolia rhodesia, - after this one my brain went wired somehow. When i tried it I was good enough at pool - after rhodolia I couldnt pot 1 ball in one game.

chamomile - relax me somehow, but also slows down. the next day I feel slightly wired.

check this post out, a very good read on this subject. http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54028-treating-anxiety-safely-effectively/