Sinemet trial

my doctor would not prescribe me sinemet and I was done trying so I managed to acquire some through other means. Sadly I was only able to get 3, they are 25/100 pills thats 25 mg of carbidopa and 100 mg of levodopa. Because I am only 16 and weigh around 120 I'm not going to take the whole pill I am cutting them in half and am going to either try a 6 day trial of 1/2 a pill a day or take the 2 halves at different times of the day. Will I notice any affects in that time period and should I take the whole pill?

I have been taking 1/2 a pill in the morning and a 1/4 of the pill in the evening for 2 days now. I have had a large increase in anxiety and depersonalization. My visuals are different, my starbursting is worse at times but that's really all I can notice

Dopamine is a stimulant and thus can increase anxiety.  That is the problem with Wellbutrin as an antidepressant - it helps depression but can increase anxiety.

Apart from you drug trial, have you found DP worse with anxiety?  Many on the DP forums report that.

Perhaps that might be an indicator of whether dopamine helps - if anxiety connects to DP?  For me, there is no connection between anxiety and perceptions, and the visual stuff is 24/7.

Are/have you taken other meds too?

Yes my dp gets way worse with anxiety and anxiety is one of the few things that affect my visuals. I decided to quit not because of the anxiety, but because I was waking up at night completely confused and scared it was a hell of an experience. It's obvious I shouldn't be trying to dopamine affecting meds, but this was all I was able to get. I'm only 16 and I can't exactly go to my doc and ask for keppra or lamactil without gets my parents involved.

• 2 weeks later...