appt with dr abraham!

bpl4269

So today I called dr abrahams office after emailing him about my condition 2 days earlier. He said he would be glad to treat me. I will most likely have an appt in the second week of september. I am lucky enough to live only an hour and a half away from his office but he said that we would do two back to back 45 minute sessions in one day, and then have a third the next day. These three sessions will include diagnosis and a treatment plan. It feels like there is finally hope to hold onto in my life! Have any of you had experiences with dr abraham? If so how did it pan out?

I had an appointment with Dr. Abraham in March of this year, I live all the way in Florida, but the flight out to see him was well worth it.  He's an absolutely fantastic man and doctor and will truly treat you with empathy and understanding, alongside a great deal of knowledge. His care is above and beyond anything I could have ever hoped for.  It was the first time in all my doctors visits I didn't feel judged and treated as some sort of vagrant with an over active imagination, Dr. Abraham came off as truly caring and wanting to aid be to the best of his ability.  There's a reason when you google HPPD his name pops up first, he's devoted a large part of his life to helping those who suffer with it and IMO is one of the greatest humans I've ever met. 

He also was kind enough to put me in touch with a personal friend of his, a psychiatrist who works out of Sarasota, FL and spent a bit of time explaining my condition to him personally.  I wish you the best of luck with your appointment and I hope it turns out for the best.  He doesn't have a magic cure, but he's up to date with all the latest and greatest medications and personally goes over both the positive and negatives of each and really takes your own feedback into his consideration.  

Best of luck!