Anyone tried Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (CAI)

I do not know much about this but it was suggested at another forum. Its supposed to relieve pressure in the cns. Remember that some people who have given blood felt relief and there were some debate about cranial pressure.

Sorry if this already been discussed but some of you neuro experts might wanna take a look at it.

Clonazepam made me ok from the worst visuals and i pretty much need that as a base. Keppra and Clona is a great combo for me. Keppra makes me less dizzy. Sinemet gave me that last thing, affection and cognition. Its the ultimate DP killer to me at least. If my system was "clean" i would start with sinemet if i was depressed about the whole situation. A part of me is interested in what would happen if i would go off keppra and Clonazepam. Sinemet is the only one i havent tried on its own.

Interesting. Keppra and Clonazepam is the combination I am on at the moment - to no effect. How long did it take to relieve your symptoms out of interest?

I was under the impression that once Keppra had reduced your visual symptoms you could safely come off it without the visuals returning, unlike Clonazepam. I guess it would be important to know which was the main cause of the reduction. Did you start with the Clonazepam and then add in Keppra? And if so was there a significant change in the visuals when you did so?

Acetazolamide is such a drug and has been used somewhat succesfully in the treatment of visual snow. What the success rate is and whether it could help with other symptoms I do not know.

That is very intereting ... the treatment of low oxygen (altitude sickness) gets my attention.  But don't like messing with the Kidneys so much ... perhaps a low dose or periodic dosing.  Do you have more info of how much people were taking for VS?

That is very intereting ... the treatment of low oxygen (altitude sickness) gets my attention.  But don't like messing with the Kidneys so much ... perhaps a low dose or periodic dosing.  Do you have more info of how much people were taking for VS?

As I said there is a high possibility that my doctor will be prescribing me this drug - possibly in the next month, so I can report back with what dosage etc I will personally be taking.

Interestingly the Wikipedia entry for visual snow says "Acetazolamide may be the premier drug for patients with the repetitive form of aura status" and the source is this study: http://www.neurology.org/content/55/10/1588.extract

It says the dose given was two or three x 250mg.

I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether it can help in non-aura, HPPD cases and I don't know if the dosage would be different.