So for the past couple months, it seems as if my starbursting has slowly gotten worse. At first it was only at night, now its all the time. I see it off of reflections from basically anything. The chrome on cars is the worst though. I also can see beams of light coming from windows in my house. Has anyone else experienced this? It causes me significant distress in my life and most of the time I dont go out because of it. Having this along with dp/dr makes life pretty awful though. Ive had other hppd symptoms in the past that have either disappeared or diminished. This is the only one that has seemed to have gotten worse. Will this go away at some point? Kinda losing hope right now.

If you don't mind my asking, how long have you been experiencing HPPD, and what do you think caused it?  I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain these things can come and go; and how rapidly they do so is dependent on how it began.

Ive had it for 3 months now. The starbursting started about a week or 2 into it and has gotten worse slowly ever since. It seems that i have days of slight relief sometimes though. Its hard to tell.

People here will tell you that HPPD is a very long-term thing, but there's variance.  You'll want to wait for a more experienced person to help you, and I welcome and encourage their correcting me, but most HPPD cases are solved within months or (more rarely) a couple years.  The best advice that can be given is eating well, sleeping lots and keeping your mind off of it.  Abstain from anything psychoactive.

Being in a very similar boat, I know how scarce information is, and how scary it is to be afflicted with something like this.  But, whether you get better sooner or later, your focus should be on your own happiness and not your symptoms.

As I said, things like starbursting, glare, halos etc.could be a floater or degenerated vitreous issue with the floaters causing the light from the source to scatter. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence (unfortunately I've never found anything more than this) that this can be rectified by Floater Only Vitrectomy (FOV) surgery. Obviously such a procedure would be a drastic and risky option. However, I would be interested to know if anyone experiences starbursting etc. but does not have floaters? Or has floaters but does not experience starbursting? Or has both but had one or the other improve without a surgical procedure? And what the hell is the link between HPPD and vitreous issues anyway?

Answer all these questions and you win a prize.

As mentioned above, HPPD is very much a long-term thing. An important thing to remember is that, especially within the first few months, symptoms will be fluctuating a lot. More symptoms may very well arise during this time period, and though it may seem unlikely that you will ever get used to it (startbursting), it will eventually become commonplace, and you will teach yourself to ignore it. I have starbursting just as severe (if not more) than you have described, as well as a slew of other symptoms that I consider to be much worse (ghosting, afterimages, trails, visual snow, extreme photophobia, double vision) and I have learned to live with it. It does get better.

As I said, things like starbursting, glare, halos etc.could be a floater or degenerated vitreous issue with the floaters causing the light from the source to scatter. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence (unfortunately I've never found anything more than this) that this can be rectified by Floater Only Vitrectomy (FOV) surgery. Obviously such a procedure would be a drastic and risky option. However, I would be interested to know if anyone experiences starbursting etc. but does not have floaters? Or has floaters but does not experience starbursting? Or has both but had one or the other improve without a surgical procedure? And what the hell is the link between HPPD and vitreous issues anyway?

For what it's worth, I have floaters and have become a lot more aware of them, but I don't have any starbursting.

I have starbursting and no floaters whatsoever.