Meditation Techniques

John Smith

Hey guys...finally got my shit in order, ready to start letting myself heal. Got a shitton of books (good luck readin those right? lol) to keep my brain stimulated and my thoughts off drugs and alcohol. Quit cigs. And I'm actually feeling happy, almost restless and manic.

Just wondering which meditation techniques have worked for you guys? Any specific exercises? Gonna get into power yoga soon, but i also wanna do shit thats purely mental and endorphigenic...any suggestions?

:)

Hey guys...finally got my shit in order, ready to start letting myself heal. Got a shitton of books (good luck readin those right? lol) to keep my brain stimulated and my thoughts off drugs and alcohol. Quit cigs. And I'm actually feeling happy, almost restless and manic.

Just wondering which meditation techniques have worked for you guys? Any specific exercises? Gonna get into power yoga soon, but i also wanna do shit thats purely mental and endorphigenic...any suggestions?

:)

Self effort meditation requires good instruction. My meditation is different and can't be learned in a book. But I do remember that mindfulnes meditation is used with success by many. You may be able to learn from a book. One book that is available (amongst many) I think the name is Mindfulness made easy.

Do remember that mediation is not to be mental(choice of words). The goal is to experience stillness and inner silence which can not be done if the mind is batteling with itself.

Also chi kung or also spelled qigoing is like a moving meditation which ends with a type of meditation.

I recommend Chi-Lel which is a style of chi kung with a long name so it was shortend to Chi -lel. There is a reasonable priced dvd which trains you in the four major components, the last which is a standing meditation which is normally done after the movements.