So can you just summarize recovery tips?

windscar

You said they had lots of information on the old boards regarding drugs, treatments with varying success rate... can you summarize the drugs, supplements, etc., that are worth trying to either cure the visuals or ease them WITHOUT the *absurd* drawbacks of a benzo?

NOTE: have you tried that new treatment of Dr.Abraham?

I don't know if you were asking me. I do remember saying that in another thread.

It seemed that certain supplements helped some people and others took them and they said it made no difference or got worse.

The overall best advice I remember is time and living healthy. No more drugs, little or no alchohol, enough sleep but not over sleeping, and excercise. Note that strenuous excercise seemed to make things worse, at least temporarily, for many. Some like doing yoga because it oxygenates the blood, uses the muscles and also calms the system. Which brings me to the stress. People say do what you can to reduce stress because stress seems to make it worse. Some use meditation and other stress relieving techniques and say it reduces symptoms. Some have had beefits from Cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT.

Chi Kung can also help balance the system and induce a relaxation response.

Oh thanks, but that is not what I meaned. I already knew all of that. It's because you said that on the other forums there were lots of cases reports of drugs that worked for some so I would you to cite some of those remedies.

I would love to browse the old forums and make some statistics and conclusions to myself. It is gone forever?

Medications that helped. I do not remember any individual med that worked in a number of cases, i.e repeatable. That is why I would not remember. The only one that we were keeping an eye on was Keppra and the results were all over the chart. From a few having great results to no result and to those who could not take the side effects.

I can tell you only that nothing I ever tried helped any visual/auditory symptom.

It seemed that time passing helped the body reregulate for some, not all. But when you experience the change hppd does to you, the tendency is to want a reliable progressive fix. Many, many people came on and off that board, looking for answers. When they did noy find anymore than many discussions, theories, personal experiences, they asked a few questions and left. i.e. they found no informaion on a repeatable treatment.

For all practical purposes, the info is not availble from the other board. David may have some important info and may release some of it at his discretion.

You may want to ask 1998 and others if my assesment of the med "cures" is accurate from my memory.

Just think, if there was some meds that worked for a number of people, instead of one off, wouldn't it be used more often and known about?

Don't you think that actually no meds work? That we got brain damage and those saying the meds worked were under the effects of the medication (stopped caring) or maybe had not HPPD just psychological?

No, some people did get very good recovery from keppra at least.

And as far as brain damage, it is a matter of definition or semantics. Without a doubt, it can be called a brain/bio-neuro chemical dysfunction. Damage or dysfunction, it is the kind that can and has got better for many over the years as I have said 3 or more times already. Sorry but I will not repeat myself again.

Dr Abraham has been said to have clinical evidence that 50% of is patients have recovered within 5 years.

Yes but the question is, how many of those who have recovered have actually recovered and not just are used to their symptoms? I don't think I'll even remember how is live without HPPD in 5 years if I stay the same. That's why I'm so angry with their methods, HPPD CAN be tested objectively.

That's what I question: what they actually call 'recover'.

Life is full of shitty things. The more you obsess over language like "recover," the less you're going to realize that life can continue normally with hppd. Of everything we've told you, you have seemingly completely missed the point, so here it is in capitals:

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER 'RECOVER,' BUT ITS OK. THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF WHAT LARRY, 1998, and I HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU IN THE LAST 5 THREADS YOU'VE MADE. I would never say I've recovered physically 100% (I would say I've gotten back to 90%), but I have mentally, and thats all that really matters. Life moves on and you overcome the hurdles that have been placed in front of you.

I've been checking this website almost everyday just because I care about you, and you remind me of myself two years ago. I wish someone had been there for me. Think about it, at least you know whats happening to you! Think about how scary it was for all of us who had no idea what was going on. For that reason alone, you should trust us, not to mention all the advice we've given you. Your search for answers does not help in any way with your rehabilitation, but you think it will. Think in the short term.

At this point, there is nothing more I can tell you. Best of luck my friend, you will be stronger for all of this...as soon as you stop looking for answers where there aren't any and realize that even if you do find an answer, you will still be in the same position as you were before you knew.

OK. Thank you VERY MUCH for worrying. I don't know how to show thankfulness online, but, not just you, but everyone here, on bluelight and on drugs forum, have helped me a lot to cope with this. I will wait to see what happens and try to move on, but I will still look for answers, not because I have HPPD, but because I AM curious.

Can you share your history with me? Age, when/how you got HPPD, etc?

Yes but the question is, how many of those who have recovered have actually recovered and not just are used to their symptoms? I don't think I'll even remember how is live without HPPD in 5 years if I stay the same. That's why I'm so angry with their methods, HPPD CAN be tested objectively.

That's what I question: what they actually call 'recover'.

And I have said this several times - recovered, symptoms significantly reduced or even gone to where they can not notice them even if they looked to see if they were there. No offense but you are not retaining what people spend their time to answer your questions. And you have the tendency to say the same thing again as if no one had steered you in the right direction, answered your inquiry or corrected you misunderstanding.

Oh god O.O sorry, I didn't remember it was you.

LarryC you didn't understand, I was not asking what is recovering, I was just commenting that perhaps those who said they have recovered have not really recovered. It was just my opinion, dude, just commenting. If I don't talk you complain, if I do you complain. Calm down please.

Oh god O.O sorry, I didn't remember it was you.

LarryC you didn't understand, I was not asking what is recovering, I was just commenting that perhaps those who said they have recovered have not really recovered. It was just my opinion, dude, just commenting. If I don't talk you complain, if I do you complain. Calm down please.

And as I stated above, if you actually read my several posts to your questions or my sharing of experiences (look on the other threads too)I made it clear that the visual and other symptoms rduced signigicantly ot went away completely - their physical symptoms as I have said. I also related my own experience of this occuring and then coming back and I explained that the docs who know this phenomena said that it was not unusua.

So as to your post which I just quoted, why do you continue asking the same question when it has been plainly answered.

And you are forming an opinion without any information. Like knowing the many people who posted about their recovery, like I knew them from many conversations. On this board for example, there is Merkan. If you knew him via his posts and correspondence before and after you would surmize and have an opinion that he recovered.

If you had respect and confidence for Dr.s Abraham and Lerner's judgement (and their testing methods,like you had mentioned) then you would say that recovery to normal or close to normal has happened and still does for some.

The truth seems to be that your state of mind is very negative right now and immersed in your visuals and other symptoms. That is why you can not have confidence in real recovery.

Now we are finished with it.