Just looking for answers....

Alyssum

Hey Alyssa,

I've been trying to tell people that some of these OTC drugs can make you feel really bad for a long period of time (a lot of old doctors can tell you this because they have seen it).

I have felt like i was having a heart attack too but in reality it was an all-out panic attack, perhaps drug-induced. You do not have a brain tumor (most likely). But i do feel dissociation, get headaches, can't think, feel stupid, have visual disturbances, get "hallucinations", feel depression, and have anxiety/panic. You are not alone here, for sure. You will get better, i know it. ....In the meantime, try to relax and read some posts or something.

also a good practice is: stay away from drugs that are not prescribed to you. Try to stay hydrated and get enough sleep too.

I too took Diph to get high, really only once. How many times do you think you did? It wasn't responsible for hppd on my part, thats why I ask. You'll be alright, as long as you stay sober. Id say in your case thats really the most important thing.

Hey Alyssa,

I've been trying to tell people that some of these OTC drugs can make you feel really bad for a long period of time (a lot of old doctors can tell you this because they have seen it).

I have felt like i was having a heart attack too but in reality it was an all-out panic attack, perhaps drug-induced. You do not have a brain tumor (most likely). But i do feel dissociation, get headaches, can't think, feel stupid, have visual disturbances, get "hallucinations", feel depression, and have anxiety/panic. You are not alone here, for sure. You will get better, i know it. ....In the meantime, try to relax and read some posts or something.

also a good practice is: stay away from drugs that are not prescribed to you. Try to stay hydrated and get enough sleep too.

I know! A few other people I know have taken diphenhydramine as well (much less than I did though) and also had a lot of anxiety for a good stretch of time. :( I can't believe how deep it digs into your mind....

Thanks for the advice. I actually woke up today feeling a lot better so it's a good start, last night I got really panicky after smoking so I think I am officially quitting today. (Hoping it actually sticks....) I never really thought about trying to stay hydrated, I really should do that more... especially considering that the only drug prescribed to me is a diuretic lol. (And thankfully not psychoactive.)

I'll try to stay calm and look around. Thanks again. :)

I too took Diph to get high, really only once. How many times do you think you did? It wasn't responsible for hppd on my part, thats why I ask. You'll be alright, as long as you stay sober. Id say in your case thats really the most important thing.

I want to say I did it no more than 15 times (that number makes me cringe), and I'm hoping it was closer to 10, and my highest dose was 1000 mg. I'm naturally kind of resistent to it though so that was really the only time I experienced true delirium, and even then I didn't really lose control and throw stuff everywhere, run into the streets, yell nonsense at my parents, or any of that crazy stuff all the trip reports have. I know that there are people who do it literally ALL the time so I'm probably overreacting, but it still worries me. I got HPPD my second time using it, the first time I smoked weed with it. Strangely, the HPPD wasn't like a deliriant at all at first... it was really psychedelic. Fractals and patterns and stuff that were all totally unlike any drug I'd done, I think if I'd just quit everything but weed after that day and just got those visuals with no side effects like it was at the time I really wouldn't have minded so much, but now it's just a jumbled anxious mess....

I really do need to stay sober, that's probably going to be the biggest thing for me. I'm trying though, I really am.

I know! A few other people I know have taken diphenhydramine as well (much less than I did though) and also had a lot of anxiety for a good stretch of time. :( I can't believe how deep it digs into your mind....

Thanks for the advice. I actually woke up today feeling a lot better so it's a good start, last night I got really panicky after smoking so I think I am officially quitting today. (Hoping it actually sticks....) I never really thought about trying to stay hydrated, I really should do that more... especially considering that the only drug prescribed to me is a diuretic lol. (And thankfully not psychoactive.)

I'll try to stay calm and look around. Thanks again. :)

I want to say I did it no more than 15 times (that number makes me cringe), and I'm hoping it was closer to 10, and my highest dose was 1000 mg. I'm naturally kind of resistent to it though so that was really the only time I experienced true delirium, and even then I didn't really lose control and throw stuff everywhere, run into the streets, yell nonsense at my parents, or any of that crazy stuff all the trip reports have. I know that there are people who do it literally ALL the time so I'm probably overreacting, but it still worries me. I got HPPD my second time using it, the first time I smoked weed with it. Strangely, the HPPD wasn't like a deliriant at all at first... it was really psychedelic. Fractals and patterns and stuff that were all totally unlike any drug I'd done, I think if I'd just quit everything but weed after that day and just got those visuals with no side effects like it was at the time I really wouldn't have minded so much, but now it's just a jumbled anxious mess....

I really do need to stay sober, that's probably going to be the biggest thing for me. I'm trying though, I really am.

I was talking to family members thinking it was early in the morning trying to get ready for school at like 3 AM. I smoked a J with Jim Morrison and slept with rats. It was fucking nuts. Woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was Sunday, went to school and wrote the best damn paper I have ever written. It wasnt awesome though, more of a nightmare. Nowhere near as bad as my last DXM trip, but still bad. Anyways, I think there is a correlation between doing Psychedelics and smoking weed that possibly helps lead to HPPD. It seems drugs in combination make HPPD occur more, just a hunch though. Its extremely important to stay sober, your brain needs time to itself to heal. I was high for like three years, and my brain hasn't stopped thanking me since I quit smoking so much. It's weird how nice sobriety can be, at times. But honestly, with as many things you have done in what sounds like a short amount of time, you should take a long break. Theres always a few beers down the road, but you need to think in terms of how much mental clarity youll want to have when you are 65. Keep going down the road you are and who knows what youll be like by then. I'm not preaching to you or anything, we all make our own choices here. Just some friendly advice. Keep on keepin on.

I was talking to family members thinking it was early in the morning trying to get ready for school at like 3 AM. I smoked a J with Jim Morrison and slept with rats. It was fucking nuts. Woke up Tuesday morning thinking it was Sunday, went to school and wrote the best damn paper I have ever written. It wasnt awesome though, more of a nightmare. Nowhere near as bad as my last DXM trip, but still bad. Anyways, I think there is a correlation between doing Psychedelics and smoking weed that possibly helps lead to HPPD. It seems drugs in combination make HPPD occur more, just a hunch though. Its extremely important to stay sober, your brain needs time to itself to heal. I was high for like three years, and my brain hasn't stopped thanking me since I quit smoking so much. It's weird how nice sobriety can be, at times. But honestly, with as many things you have done in what sounds like a short amount of time, you should take a long break. Theres always a few beers down the road, but you need to think in terms of how much mental clarity youll want to have when you are 65. Keep going down the road you are and who knows what youll be like by then. I'm not preaching to you or anything, we all make our own choices here. Just some friendly advice. Keep on keepin on.

That's the kind of experience I always wanted out of it. :lol: I've hallucinated really hard from it but nothing really noteworthy like that. It is pretty terrible though, only "fun" in the sense that it gets you really, really far away from your real world problems.

I definitely agree with the smoking while tripping thing. I'm pretty sure adding weed to the mix makes it much more likely that you'll get some form of HPPD, on pretty much anything visual. And I've basically been high for three years as well so I definitely do need a break... the short break I took before showed me that being sobriety can be fun as well, but the problem is that I tried smoking again and found that it was again fun. That's wearing off now though, so I think I can probably quit again easily enough. Though I do "want" to drink, I'm thinking about quitting that for good too, even just down the road.... I already have a mild GABAergic dependence and it just gets worse each time. At this point the visuals don't even really bug me, I've learned to totally ignore them. They don't even come out unless I look for them, it's the anxiety and physical sensations that really get to me... and GABA drugs make that sooo much worse. So far really the only recreational drugs I've tried that don't seem to make it worse are opiates/opioids (though it may have been that I just didn't really read into it much, and I've only used them a few times since getting my HPPD), and salvia (which sounds ridiculous, but it does actually work through opioid receptors, so... hmmm...).

Anyway, thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated. :)

This guy mike zero has got the best stories...lol.....plus he is a Doors fan....

Yeah Alyssa ---- i got some good feelings from opiates too. But i think it is best to take a very small, homeopathic dose. Something like 1/5- 1/4 of a regular-sized Vicodin pill (once in a while) though it is not good to take something that is not prescribed to you of course (....then again it hasn't stopped me in the past.....but also has gotten me to the bad/weird place that i am at now). So you be the judge, don't go over board; and talk to some doctors and neuropsychiatrist/psychopharmacologists. Hope you start feeling good soon. :>

This guy mike zero has got the best stories...lol.....plus he is a Doors fan....

Yeah Alyssa ---- i got some good feelings from opiates too. But i think it is best to take a very small, homeopathic dose. Something like 1/5- 1/4 of a regular-sized Vicodin pill (once in a while) though it is not good to take something that is not prescribed to you of course (....then again it hasn't stopped me in the past.....but also has gotten me to the bad/weird place that i am at now). So you be the judge, don't go over board; and talk to some doctors and neuropsychiatrist/psychopharmacologists. Hope you start feeling good soon. :>

Wow, that's a tiny dose! :o I would have to take a little more than that.... Don't worry, I'm still following your advice, I just have to scale it up for my natural tolerance. :P Supposedly extreme opioid tolerance is a trait that runs in my dad's side of the family, he's claimed before that IV heroin was the only thing that ever got him off, and that hospitals have been baffled when they needed to use several times a regular dose of morphine on him for a normal effect (and not because of heroin tolerance, this was decades later lol). And the same kind of stories with that last part for my grandpa, too. Personally, I've only taken them a few times in my life, but 60 mg of OxyContin (first time ever) and 45 mg of Vicodin both failed to do anything to me aside from causing some mildly uplifting sedation, like a regular dose of a benzo. The main thing that interests me right now is pentazocine (just made a thread about it a couple hours ago, actually) because I've recently come into a small quantity of them, and the one time I took it before one pill was enough to get me to the same level of sedation as those aforementioned attempts, so I would like to try a higher dose as long as it wouldn't be harmful to my HPPD progress.

Anyway, I definitely won't do anything until I feel I can make an educated decision. Thanks for the well wishes! ^_^

Actually, mild uplifting sedation is kinda what you are going for..........I mean the goal is not to get a bunch of oxycontin crush 'em up and snort 'em and throw a party. .......The interesting thing about the genetic opioid tolerance is that it's 100% true thing. Some people can't tolerate it; others don't even feel the effect. .....I think in some ways you've got to get away from the drug-user mentality and try the reset yourself with a certain amount of sensitivity to drugs.

Pentazocine sounds like some hardcore stuff. I read that it is used with naloxone sometimes, in case it causes respiratory depression and/or death. A little scary. What kind of pain do you have, to warrant such a drug?

• Upvote 1

I know hat you guys mean about the weed + psychedelics, I'm 95% sure this would have never happened to me if I didn't touch my pipe while tripping. I wish I knew I hadn't even been close to peaking yet at the time, but oh well...at least it was pretty damn cool to trip that hard. Never gonna forget those 12 hours though haha. Anyways, dph is pretty nasty and I've heard of deliriants solely causing HPPD on another image board, but all those other psychedelics probably didn't help either. Anyways I can guarantee you that if you quit smoking for a little while the anxiety will go away. I was smoking small amounts pretty frequently for the first couple months of HPPD...everything got worse, got a few new symptoms, my anxiety and DR were at all time highs, but then I cut back a lot and I'm finally feeling like my old self again. It's been 23 days since I smoked pot and I at least plan on not smoking til next summer, if I even want to start back up again at all by then. Also go see a doctor right away about all the other more obscure symptoms you have. I really hate to scare you but I don't think all that stuff is nessecarily HPPD related and the sooner you see a doctor the better. I know some guy that claims to be 'permafried' and lists some similar symptoms though, so who knows. I think that booze and bud are by far the hardest to avoid but you really gotta take a break, or at the very least limit yourself to just one or two drinks.

I'm not sure If I'm reading your posts right though - you say that GABAergic substances make your anxiety and stuff worse?