HPPD similar to toxic encephalopathy?

i read this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12664374

and these passage made me think of this as a possible cause

Results from neuro-ophthalmic and neurological examinations were normal for the first two patients. The third patient presented abnormal visual fields with preserved visual acuity; electroencephalography was abnormal, suggesting an underlying toxic encephalopathy

dont know if this is related in some way but wouldnt this explain that people without takin drugs are able to develop these symptoms?

have a look at the wiki article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_encephalopathy

Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) analyses have also demonstrated increased rates of dopamine synthesis in the putamen, reduced anterior and total corpus callosum volume, demyelination in the parietal white matter, basal ganglia, and thalamus, as well as atypical activation of frontal areas of the brain due to neural compensation. A thorough and standard diagnostic process is paramount with toxic encephalopathy, including a careful occupational history, medical history, and standardized imaging/neurobehavioral testing. [9]

what do you think about this?

I've long maintained that HPPD is a type of toxic encephalopathy - there are many types of toxic encephalopathies. The term merely means brain injury from something that is toxic to the brain.

HPPD is mild compared to many. For example, HPPD does not involve demyelination (that I know of). To get HPPD symptoms from toxic exposure seems to be rare, but that is my case.

Lets face it: drugs are toxic to the brain. If the brain cleans it up in a timely manner (and it doesn't rewire in a different way), then little harm is done. Much is dose related (as well as overall health, toxic loads, and genetics).

Interesting, the dopamine alterations listed in some cases - and these would be some cases only. It would be a very bad case to show on an MRI.

there is a big spread of severty of toxic encephalophaty. maybe HPPD is only a moderate form. but we see cases of people whose HPPD isnt only visual sometoímes it is accompained by a lot of physical symptoms maybe these cases are a bit "worse". people with a really serve case of toxic encephalophaty has bigger problems than HPPD and it could also lead to death in some cases.

also the most cases of toxic encephalophaty are reported after inhalating "toxins" or with skin contact(which could explain the correlation to LSD) which doesnt mean oral applied drugs couldnt bring a up a toxic encephalophaty.

there are acute or chronic forms which would also match with HPPD.

often toxic encephalophaty is reversible by avoiding the toxin which has caused it but this can take time.

also fitting in this theory are a few storys of people over at the yuku forum (eg. infection,lyme)