Is there something different about us??

Gmo

I just got off Facebook and a lot of my old druggie buddies were posting about Wakarusa and uploading pictures and stuff. It was pretty obvious in certain pictures that they were off their rockers on X and whatever else. It kinda amazes me and pisses me off at the same time that they're still able to take drugs and stuff. I mean I don't know for sure that they don't have HPPD symptoms but obviously they don't have it bad enough or they wouldn't still be using as often as they do. So why did we have to get this??? Is there something different with our brains or something that makes us more predisposed towards effects from psyches or what??? I just don't get it. I would love to still be able to roll/smoke/drink without feeling like I'm tripping balls in a bad way.

There must be something different with us. My mates are the same. Tje fact my life got ruined doesnt deter them. They just think bah thats eumo hes a mess...that wont happento us.....since then another friend got hpppd for 3 weeks and another got derealization disorder so bad iv had to talk them outta suicide twice. People arnt willing to admit their own downfall and get healthy

It's ironic, but I was the only "heavy" drug user in my circle of friends (they are quite healthy). And i was only smoke weed and the two occasional LSD trips. But it bothers me to see so many stupid people consuming large quantities of anything. I dont know if is envy or resentment. I take this as a kind of lifeline, perhaps had finished dead by eating even more dangerous substances

I feel your anger gmo

My friends have also posted pictures from Wakarusa, they're definitely spun! It makes me more sad than anything, i don't want them to end up like me. I do get jealous too, i use to have so much fun on phish summer tour during the late '90's. Those were my anti-psychedelic days, i just smoked pot. I had a very bad trip in '94 at a dead show. That trip was the beginning of my hppd. Back then i hadn't even heard of hppd. Stupidly i got back into psychedelics in 2009. I didn't know how bad my symptoms were until i got completely sober Feb 2011. I'm still sober over fifteen months, but i still feel like i'm half tripping, it's not easy. It definitely could be a quirk in our brains, who can say for sure. I have done A lot of strong lsd.

does anyone else here remember being high for longer than everyone else or having brutal comedowns. just dawned on me, id seem to be the last one to comedown fully. like my brain quickly picked up the new way of being and clinged onto it. this time its tried to cling on for good

does anyone else here remember being high for longer than everyone else or having brutal comedowns. just dawned on me, id seem to be the last one to comedown fully. like my brain quickly picked up the new way of being and clinged onto it. this time its tried to cling on for good

It took me a while to come down from LSD trips. I took two tabs once and tripped for like a day and a half, it was ridiculous. Of course the tabs could have been double dipped, I was also coked out the entire time. . . :wacko:

I don't think there's anything abnormal about us. No one's immune to problems from drugs, but people of course get them in different ways; and they won't tell you everything that's wrong with them (if they even realize they have a problem, heh)

I don't think there's anything abnormal about us. No one's immune to problems from drugs, but people of course get them in different ways; and they won't tell you everything that's wrong with them (if they even realize they have a problem, heh)

I agree, I had a couple of my friends mention things before.......it didn't seem like they had long term issues, just minor stuff reall. Idk I just wish I knew why this happened to us while there are so many people out there that use drugs heavily and remain fairly normal. I've read on here where some people only tripped a few times or less and got stuck with permanent visuals. This shit's not fair. I know I sound pretty whiny right now, and I apologize for that, I've just been in a really pessimistic mood lately with it being festival season and all and I just can't stop brooding over why things played out this way. Idk if I should blame myself or just fate or chance or what.

There must be, when i had the drug that triggered this it was either a pill with 2-cb or 2-ci in it. i went halves with her, it fucked me up and not her :S Our brains must be wired differently but i had a few bad experiences with hallucinogens before the final straw.

All my mates still pop and drink and do whatever, but i can't be angry at them just because i can't do it anymore although i will get up them if they take acid around me knowing what it has done to me

hmm i would say we are the lucky few which are grounded enough to not get a psychosis because of drugs our brain alters in another way. alot of my ex friends are alot more fucked up...one has disapeared and no one has ever seen him again. two got strange psychosis.....

but maybe there is something more a few people of other forums think its connected to aspergers. my teachers always thought i have some sort of autism but was never tested....

Drugs have always affected me more than average. When I started smoking weed, I'd always get the highest/most red eyes, when I started doing MDMA I'd always be rolling the hardest, etc...

I don't doubt it's something about how our brains are wired. I just don't know enough about the brain to make any speculations...

Yea, Idk it's hard to speculate. It seems like all our situations are different too. I was never the highest or rolling the hardest or anything. I always reacted normally to everything and was usually on the same level as everyone else.....so Idk what the deal is. All I know is this is some bullshit.

With acid, I think everyone that takes it a couple times gets small vision changes. Once when I was researching the stuff on erowid I came across a study where they took people that've never done any drugs, people that have done acid once, and people who have done acid numerous times and showed a strobing light to everybody. The people that never touched acid saw the highest strobe rate, the people that did it once saw a lower strobe, and the people that did it a lot saw the lowest strobe rate. Plus, I've asked a buddy who has done more acid than I have and he said sometimes he gets long, wavy aftermages and that he thinks its cool. Another big druggie I know gets all kinds of strange visions - and enjoys them, but shes done everything. Bottom line, it changes most people, but it changes us the most and it also effects us the most. It really sucked when one of my friends whos tripped before said he saw static everywhere when he got super high, and I kept telling him to never smoke again and that this was hppd. of course he didnt listen, I hope he doesnt get hppd...