DP/DR Worse after Eating?

WuWei

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this... I don't eat before work usually (I work 3-11) and after I eat at 5pm I get "dizzy" with brain fog and the DP/DR kicks in really bad. It usually subsides around 9 or 10pm... then lately it's been getting worse when I get home- around midnight. Any input? Maybe I just eat too much in a sitting and I should go with lighter foods and smaller portions more often..??

Also I notice if I force fluids (water, gatorade) even though I'm not thirsty it seems to help after a while.

Mines the opposite when i skip a meal and get even slightly hungry i feel strange and everything gets spacey, i dont ever remember feeling like this when i was hungry pre hppd dp/dr. i never skip a meal now because of this but i can stuff my face with anything, get full as fuck and it doesn't make any difference to my symptoms

I've experienced this. I think it might have to do with the foods that you're eating, that's what it is for me anyways. Whenever I pretty good homeade stuff I feel fine afterwards but whenever I go to Burger King or any other fast food place and get shitty food I feel like shit afterwards and feel really spacey and way more disconnected.

Yeah, I tried eating less and more often today and it seems to have helped a lot. Healthy foods and eating lighter seems to be the way to go.

I've been thinking of doing one of those food allergy blood tests- it's the last thing I can do short of doing a round of Keppra. Insurance doesn't cover the test, but the way I feel after eating almost makes me think in my hypersensitive state I get worse with certain foods. Maybe not... not sure if it's worth the $200 or so for the test and doctor's visit.

• 9 years later...

Try a low histamine diet. I’m not sure if I have HPPD or lasting covid but I get terrible brain fog and dp/dr when I eat (and when I drink water) but I’ve noticed that low histamine diet definitely helps. Might be worth trying famotidine as well.