Any known cases of full recovery?

Pancakes

This post was one of the most helpful since I got HPPD. Everything you said made enormous sense. The timeline and details of the facts. I still had that doubt if brain could actually heal from HPPD with time. Well, seems it can. Now I just have to find out how. Maybe Wellbutrin helped. You are the third person that mentioned it positively. Also, eating and exercise probably plays an important role, so, can you tell me how much exercise you had and what you ate (proteins, vitamins, supplements?).

Thank you very very much for this post. Can you give me a way to contact you if I have further questions?

See you.

I would definitely try wellbutrin if you are looking for a non-drastic medication to take. The only side effects I had was head pressure, and that went away after two weeks.

With my HPPD, I got really depressed. Now I don't know whether that was a symptom of the HPPD or if it was just caused by me feeling like shit all day every day. I literally had no emotions - I felt empty inside. It was a strange experience because I would see something pretty, a nice sunset for example, I would realize that it was very beautiful, but I wouldn't feel any kind of emotion. I would think about the emotion I would have used to have felt and then get even more depressed that I wasn't feeling it.

After a couple months on welbutrin, I was walking home from school one day watching the sunset, and I felt something. It start small, like a seed in the pit of my stomach, and slowly grew. It was a feeling of utter joy and happiness at the beauty of everything around me. Mind you, it didn't get that big, it was just barely there, but I could feel it. As I walked, I straight up started to tear up just because I was so happy to fucking feel something for once piercing through the depression and DP.

Now again, I can't say whether it was the wellbutrin or whether it was just my new lifestyle taking effect, but as far as I'm concerned, there is no downside to wellbutrin.

As far as the lifestyle itself, here was the timeline:

June 2009 - October 2009: No weed, no alcohol, I didn't exercise, and I smoked probably around 6 cigs a day. eating like shit more or less.

October - January 2010: no weed, but I started drinking again lightly, still no exercise, with welbutrin I probably smoked between 0 and 3 cigs a day.

January - April 2010: Smoked weed occasionally, drank normally (which for me is usually two times a week - 6 beers or so each time), same cig situation

April - September 2010: occasional weed, less drinking (cause it was summer and no one was around). I stopped smoking cigs and ran every day or every other day up the mountain. I took a multi vitamin for a bit, but I really just tried to buy fresh veggies from the super market instead of the canned shit. By the end of the summer, I felt the best I had felt since hppd started. I was in a very good place mentally, in extremely high spirits.

As if anyone needs any convincing, here is my current situation. Due to these high spirits, I've been tending to party more. Although I will never touch heavy hallucinogenics again, I smoke a fair amount of weed. Also, playing music and being in multiple bands gigging many times a month has lead to cigarettes again. I got up to 10 a day at one point and am now hovering around 5. I still feel fairly great, but I am definitely worse than I was at the end of the summer. The weed does make my visuals a bit worse, but I'm not bothered by it that much because I'm happy emotionally (weird how that works huh?). There's some mild dp the next day usually, but its not too bad. I generally don't feel that healthy though - it just goes to show how much a healthy lifestyle can affect you. I can't wait to begin running again this summer, as I'm too busy at the moment. I still eat very healthy as much as I can. As far as proteins and supplements, I haven't touched any, but only because I'm busy/not knowledgeable/trying to get all nutrients I need from the food I eat.

I'll send you a pm with my email windscar, feel free to hit me up any time