Bodybuilding supplements

Samm

I have a whole thing of L-Glutamine, so im gonna try it for a week or two and get back to you!

EDIT:

Read this about BCAA's just now. Notice the neurotransmitter bit. . . . .

As I stated earlier on this thread, a guy online was reportedly cured over a few months of daily BCAA supplementation.

His doctor told him what the link below basically states. . . . .

Well, I say cured. . . He said it was a reduction in the severity of symptoms. Took about three months, and six months in he is still seeing positive results, albeit much more slowly.

http://www.livestron...fect-the-brain/

I hope you don't already have anxiety. ....Eating KFC, Burger King, or Chinese food [for a week] would probably have the same effect. Or go buy a shaker-full of Accent. ....Actually let me know how it goes, i'm kind of interested.

In human blood, glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid. [http://en.wikipedia....ki/Glutamine]

I would take B6 with it also because Glutamates + B6 = GABA

You may be right because it seems to be more of the enzymes breaking down/regulating/made from glutamate and producing GABA. Anyone know something about this?

There is no recommended daily allowance for glutamine, because your body can make enough to meet its needs, according to Tufts Medical Center. ..[worth a shot though]

Clinical Evidence

A clinical study on hospitalized patients undergoing marrow transplantation evaluated the impact of glutamine supplementation on a number of mood factors, including anxiety, tension, fatigue, depression and confusion. The results of this study, published in the September 1993 issue of the "Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition," an international, peer-reviewed journal of nutrition and metabolism, found that patients receiving the supplementation experienced a significant improvement in all measured mood symptoms.

Considerations

While glutamine supplementation may help certain symptoms of anxiety, there's not enough clinical evidence to unequivocally prove its benefits. You should never use a dietary supplement as a replacement for conventional medical treatment. Do not attempt to self-treat or diagnose your symptoms. Consult your doctor if you think you have an anxiety disorder. According to Tufts Medical Center, glutamine is thought to be safe in dosages up to 14 g per day. However, as with any dietary supplement, you should inform your doctor if you choose to use glutamine.

http://www.livestron.../#ixzz2ArZtXv6q

I would be careful with L Glutamine. I took a large dose last night and today I feel weird as shit. Could be a bit of derealization, but considering I haven't had any form of that in months i'm not so sure. I think it hurt my HPPD. Just feel a little trippy, and head rushy.