Euro 2012

It seems that we have quite a few Europeans on here these days, so let's get some football chat going as we build up to the Euros.

Who do you think will win? Who are your countries best players? How far will your team go? If your country isn't going, are you supporting anyone else?

I am not holding out much hope for England... We have some pretty average players and we seem scared to use the younger players.

Here is who I would play:

Hart

Walker, Rio, Lescott, Cole

Lennon, Carrick, Barry, Young

Rooney, Welbeck

What I think will actually be played:

Hart

Walker, Terry, Cahill, Cole

Walcott, Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Young

Rooney

I will be happy if we get to the 1/4 finals... But really hope we see some of the young players like Welbeck, Chamerlaine, Walker, Cleverley and Smalling. We need to build for the world cup.

I think Germany will win, they have a great young team and I think Spain are just slightly starting to slip.

ahh, I forgot that we actually used to have some very, very classy players. Makes me sad, especially up front.... Carroll plays a couple of decent games and seems to have booked himself onto the plane!

i love english football its so tough but i think thats why they have problems at worldcups. the referees are to poofy (sry^^)

would be great to see germany winning but i dont believe thats goin to happen.

also the whole ukrainian political discussion is a big topic in our media. this is supressing the atmosphere.

You must be fairly hopefully to make it to the final though? Your squad is impressive... Ozil, Kheidira, Shweinsteiger, Kroos, Gotze, Klose, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm and probably alot more that I don't know so well.

I wish some of them would come to Man Utd!

i think if we get through the group stage we could make it to the final.

but the group is very hard netherlands, potugal, Denmark.

very upsetting that two of these great teams wont reach the final round.

i always liked the netherlands hehe can i say this as a german?! :ph34r:

also i liked the golden team of portugal.

• 4 weeks later...

Kick-off in 4 days!

I do not believe that Sweden will make it to the quarters, England and France are top ten teams in the world. What could qualify the swedes are the fact that France have been useless the last championships looking at the players they have to choose from. England is solid but have a terrible track record against Sweden. The last pre-game win was the first in ages. On the other hand our team has changed course from emphasis on successful but not so inspiring defense to a more offensive play. If Ibra has a great day the rest of the team grows but if he has one of those days when he is uninspired there is often a lot of problems in the teamwork. Thats the problem with a smaller nation, often produce one top class player at a time whom everything is dependant on (Like Henrik Larsson).

Anyway, i believe that germany will win, maybe the dutch.

Since I wrote this post, we has lost Lampard, Cahill, Walker and Barry to injury... Not ideal, and I am not too hopeful for England... Maybe between England and Sweden to get 2nd place! Rooney is out until match 3 against Ukraine, which makes it even more difficult.

But I am looking forward to the Euros... Should be some great football

What was great about Larsson is that he was 100% professional in everything he did. Top-strikers coming up now are so whiny. I would also loved to see him in Manchester before his carrer started to fade. He desided to be a legend in Celtic instead, not many would make that choice in todays fotball.

ps - Larsson is one of my all time favourite players.... Such a great player and seems like a good man too. I just wish he had come to Man Utd 10 years earlier!

Good point for us last night.... not great football, but I think most of England is happy with that result.

Big game now against Sweden! They will have to attack, which could suit us well... Fast, counter attacking with Ox and Walcott on the wings... Ibra is always a threat though and another defensive game probably awaits.

So far, i'd say Italy have impressed me most... Pirlo is such a great player!

You can pretty much add those 3 points right now. Man the swedish defense was weak, it was embarrasing to watch. Impressed by the english against France. Problem with Ibra is that he has the role of a target player but no descent striker to help him out since Gudetti is injured. Ex Bolton striker Elmander isn't cut for the job at this level. Atleast i hope we go out with a bang and score some nice goals onde last two games.

Yea, you can have the best striker in the world, but if he can't get close to the ball.. It is gonna be hard. England suffer the same problem until rooney comes back... Welbeck will be starved of chances.

I was quite drunk when the Sweden game came on... Just remember the goals really... Was it a deserved win, or did your guys play well?

Ukraine was worthy the win. They weren't that great but Sweden was weak all over the field. It wasnt until the last 20 when the subs entered going for the eq that the Ukraines was pushed back and a couple of scoring chances was created. Interesting game tomorrow anyway.

Yea, you can have the best striker in the world, but if he can't get close to the ball.. It is gonna be hard. England suffer the same problem until rooney comes back... Welbeck will be starved of chances.

I was quite drunk when the Sweden game came on... Just remember the goals really... Was it a deserved win, or did your guys play well?

• 3 weeks later...

You Euro's can have a European tournie cause you're scared of South America lol.

I just watch it when on espn but I love all sports, I'll stick to everyone of them. They're actually trying to put a NBA (basketball) team in London crazy huh. Doubt it will happen cause of travel time ect.... Anyway football I really think Italy will win w/ their one man army