Starting Keppra Today

Hey Everyone-

Ok..

I have just been to the docter. He has perscribed me keppra 250mg tablets.

At this stage i am going to "model" what has been so effective for r.trudeau

Starting with 1000mgs per day, so that is equel two whole tablets in the morning and two whole tabs in evening, and then move it up possibly to 1500mgs in a few weeks time.

I am taking a small amount of Valium in evenings when needed, only one tab / 5mg.

I did make inqurys about Flunarizine, unfortunatley it is not available in Australia yet.

ok, so wish me luck.. fingers and toes crossed on this one :)

good luck mate... but why start on 1000mg? You might be good on 250mg and be taking 4 times the amount of a strong drug, for no reason.

Time is on your side, don't rush these things.

oK thanks mate.. im not sure?

Ive just taken two 250mg tabs and feeling a kinda pilled.. can feel lt, it is quite strong..

I agree with you.. time is on my side..

Though im not sure how i should be taking it? I have never done this.. i.e How much to take each day? etc Im just doing my best to follow / work out what others have done.. Im really not sure if how i am taking it is correct or not...

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated please ... cheers many thanks.

You should probably go up slowly - 250 to 500mg every 5-7 days is what this site recommends: http://www.crazymeds...pra.Keppra#toc8

That site is very useful for Keppra information.

I agree with Jay. No point in starting out at a high dose when a low dose may work just as well.

I believe the user 'balance' is located in Australia and has managed to obtain flunarizine (although he has not tried it yet). Maybe PM him and see how he was able to do this. Of course, there is no rush - give Keppra some time first.

Good luck, hope it works :)

I'd go 250mg after breakfast and 250mg after your dinner.... See how that goes for a week or two, then add in 250mg after lunch... then 500mg after breakfast/dinner... and if needed, 500mg after breakfast/lunch/dinner

ok thanks very much Gorhmeh and Jay 1.. that is very helpful and now i am informed as to how i should be taking it.

Visual - i am not sure wheter or not they are slow relaese or regular, it just says Keppra 250mg (Levetiracetam) on the packet. Whether that is release of regular im not sure.

If eithre one are more beneficial im sure to be able to get a script for eithre one of the two.

Cheers - Thanks :)

I know its early days, but besides the "keppra rage" have you noticed any differences in visuals? I'm am rather keen to give it a go a a lot of people seem to have success with it, i'm just really careful and paranoid about medicating.

I hope you will keep us posted then :) do you have ghosting and starbursting as one of your symptoms by chance? i ask because these are my two worst symptoms i would be very happy to do away with if i cant get rid of them all. i'm hoping keppra may be able to eliminate them :S

hey Nuroone ... yes, s far as im ware i have all visual symptoms of hppd

ok.. yes for sure r.trudeau.. I m commited to waiting this out 100% as i understand those side affects will diminish / lessen over time... have been having a few interactions / rections to people etc etc that arnt like me, thinking bout it now i laugh :) .. tho im fully aware it is all just a part of the process.

I have been on 250mg in morning and evening for one week now... maybe it will be ok to increase my dose soon?