Tobacco and HPPD

Tobacco  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How does tobacco effect your hppd?

• Symptoms decrease for a short time
    • Symptoms increase for a short time
    • Tobacco doesn't seem to effect symptoms

• 2 months later...

This is a good question about Tobacco and HPPD.......for the last 14 years I've been smoking cigarettes (mainly Newports). I would have never made it through my first drug-induced visual disturbance episode (in my mind) without cigarettes. But nevertheless it made it worse and could have contributed a little to intensity of its onset (as at the time i was staying very dehydrated and chain-smoking a pack a day and wasn't sleeping that much). All that plus drugs and I was gone. For me, smoking cigarettes was my pastime when i got the HPPD. But when I felt like I was coming out of it, it felt like i had smoked 90 cartons. And my lungs felt like a 30 year old deteriorated balloon. The cigarettes i think can definitely make the visuals worse but helps (depending on your disorder-severity) with anxiety/panic. I don't advise to start smoking though. Another strange phenomenon is that the taste of the cigarette would linger so incredibly long on my palette that it was totally driving me NUTS: from smoking 1 cig it felt like the taste would literally last for days and days and days. This is really annoying. Add some sedating Klonopin into the mix and i was really ready to lose it.