100s of questions on do's n donts with hppd

bigron 7

Hi,i think ive had this for 27 years afta a single go on shrooms.until last couple of weeks ive lived with this quite well carrying on with everday life,sometimes not noticing any visuals at all.then bang back in time to when i first took them.A couple of fat burners oxyelite pro is all it took.Now im constantly look for them.Didnt have sites like this years ago ,so here i am now trying to find some answers.

How do i break this habbit again im getting ocd about it?

Which is bad for hppd raised serotonin/dopermine levels?

What can i do to alter them?

Is there any food or drink i should eat or avoid?

Do benzos help reduce visuals or lust help u to think of them less?

Should i stay away from benzos?

Is it legal to still drive?

Any help in any way is much appreciated and sought afta cheers

stay busy, focus on other things

not sure... there are more clued up people here that can answer that one

diet can help, search google for good foods for gaba boosting

avoid caffiene, junk food.

They reduce activity in certain areas of the brain, including the visual cortex.

You should avoid taking them everyday, in my opinion... they are highly addictive and hell to come off. If you are strong willed, you can take 1-2 a week to have a break or get through a very difficult day.

yes, as far as I know

All the best, Jay

I used to think id prefer visuals to go but once uv had an axious or paranoid attack ul soon see visuals are easy to live with. Control ul mind and keep relaxed and the visuals will dampen. Eat healthy, try not to consume too much sugar. No cigarettes or caffine.limited or no alcohol and just try stay stress free

Which is bad for hppd raised serotonin/dopermine levels?

seems that dopamine boosting drugs help 30-50% of people with HPPD but everyone is diffrent

you should avoid antidrepressiva they are known to aggravate HPPD symptoms but as for dopamine boosting drugs everyone is diffrent.

will gaba boosting help with the visuals?

hmm gaba dont crosses the blood brain barrier so these bodybuilding supps wont work

take care

I used to think id prefer visuals to go but once uv had an axious or paranoid attack ul soon see visuals are easy to live with. Control ul mind and keep relaxed and the visuals will dampen. Eat healthy, try not to consume too much sugar. No cigarettes or caffine.limited or no alcohol and just try stay stress free

When i eat much sugar my visuals and anxiety go crazy! Learned my lesson last week, thought it would be permanent :(

1: Dump the fat burners. Their mechanism is usually to raise the metabolism, and with that heart rate. Which wears down your heart fast. Just dump them!

2: Raised dopamine levels: good with HPPD. I´m on 300mg Wellbutrin, no negative effects on HPPD. The "setting in period" increased my visuals a lot temporarily though.

Raised serotonin levels: bad with HPPD. They can mess up visual a lot for long run (SSRI´s etc) but what they mess up most is the sense of being sober and in reality. When I was on Zoloft I could hardly distinguish it´s mental effect from a bad acid trip. Even mild substances such as wort can make DP/DR go through the roof.

3: This chart answers this question best: http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/SP/SP.236/S09/lecturenotes/drugchart.htm

4: Excessive levels of caffeine: Increases visuals and DP/DR. Food containing wort: Increases DP/DR mainly but can also increase visuals. Foods with excessive levels of refined sugars and fat, in any ways foods with an excessive level of nutrients. Low and medium nutrient levels works best IMO.

5: I´ve only used diazepam and lorazepam. Don´t think they reduce visuals much, but they definately reduces comorbid symptoms such excessive thinking about visuals (OCD), anxiety, mood swings, muscle tension and DP/DR.

6: Both yes and no. I use lorazepam very seldom, only when I crash (I call it meltdown) i. e. go hysteric, suicidal etc. One down the hatch and 20 minutes later I´m calm and relaxed. But be warned: use benzos too often and you´ll become tolerant and severly addicted. All positive effects will fade and side-effects increase. In the end you´ll only take them to avoid the nasty withdrawal.

But with correct use (seldom and only when nescessary) they can be a true benefit.

7: Varies from country to country. In Sweden it´s: If they make you drowsy, dull, and decreases your ability to think and react fast, it´s not legal to drive. Which benzos are known to do, atleast when they´re in effect. From what I know, it´s up to you to make the judgement if you´re fit to drive.

Hope my answers were beneficial to you, bigron 7!

the tabs ive got are diazepam 2mg these any good

They´re good, but I get more sideeffects from them than I get from lorazepam (Temesta). Lorazepam doesn´t cause a lot of ataxia and is generally nicer to the body. But the main effects are of the same potency IMO.

had 1 last nite,has helped the visuals slightly and seem alittle less bothered about them.Dont know how many i should be taking at once there 2mg ive been told this is a very small dose,anybody know how many?whats imo is it involentery movement disorder?any one else have side effects besides withdrawals?

I used to take 10mg of diazepam to feel the same relief as 2mg klonopin.

What is your long term plan for taking benzos?.... please don't take them every day, unless you are really in despair.

hi jay,not going to take them everyday maybe twice aweek untill my symptoms manageable again,is 2mg enough or should i try taking more?still got loads of questions to ask, im gona put some more on later.thanks to everybody who has responded to my others,they havw been very helpfull cheers

I think 5 or 10mg is a more likely treatment for hppd.

Be warned that Valium has a very long half life, so if you took 2 a week, you might never be fully clear of Valium in your system. Klonopin has a better half life for this.... You will get a full day's relief, but it clear out of your system the next day (Valium can take days, but you don't feel it's effects after the 1st day)

Hi,i think ive had this for 27 years afta a single go on shrooms.until last couple of weeks ive lived with this quite well carrying on with everday life,sometimes not noticing any visuals at all.then bang back in time to when i first took them.A couple of fat burners oxyelite pro is all it took.Now im constantly look for them.Didnt have sites like this years ago ,so here i am now trying to find some answers.

How do i break this habbit again im getting ocd about it?

It seems more effective to me to treat my obsessions with HPPD then trying to directly get rid of the visuals, which was my initial reaction. It would of course be ideal to eliminate all visuals, but is a little overly ambitious, and not a failure if we don't. Whatever people focus on, well, that tends to enhance what you focus on you know.... I don't know if my visuals have gotten substantially better in the past 7 years, but I don't focus on them as much, so it doesn't seem like the end of the world anymore, and I think that's progress.

Gotsome good feedback to my last questions.Ithink this is what i have made of tha answers.

high levels of serotonin bad.

High levels of dopermine good.

Benzos can help but be carefull from addiction.

Eat well/keep fit

Steer clear of drugs alcohol,caffine.

Meds can only bring you up to a certain level the rest is up to you.

Caffine?does this mean excessive amounts or alltogether.Ive gone onto decaf tea now

Does sugar intake affect everybody or only some?

Was hppd in my genes or did i cause it?

Quite an important 1 to me.Could ihave passed this down to one of my children?

Can i get klonopin of my gp or does it have to be a psycollogist?

How common is hppd 1/1000,1/10,000 any ideas?

Ihave self diagnosed myself with hppd see if you agree.

Due to taking shrooms once,and tried various antidepressents/anti psycotics to try and stop the tripping effect.None of them worked.I do not have vivual snow,but afew floaters.my main symptons are.if i look at a stationary object for more than a second it appears to trip to move or distort/change shape or become pronounsed.I do not see things wot are not there so dont consider myself to be scitso,do i fit into the hppd cattogory?

Ive had this for 27years now just having a bad time rite now.worst relapse ever.anybody who has just got this you are in a far better place than i was,no forums for us then.At least you can try and benifit from this site.Its sad to say but helps to know your not on your own.Sometimes it helps just to talk to other people who understand exactly were your coming from This site has been a lifeline to me already.The mind is avery powerful thing maybe with willpower and self belief we can all heal in our way.for me it mite be a fight for the rest of my life,but a reasonable life is worth fighting for.sorry for going on abit,but like i say somtimes it does good to talk.

Any answers or opinions are allways greatly recieved

cheers bigron

Does sugar intake affect everybody or only some?

I haven't noticed any effect from caffein or sugar but I haven't looked for one and don't have caffein regularly anyways.

No one knows for sure but many similar mental illnesses do tend to run in fammilies. However your children wont have these problems if they don't use drugs so you may want to stress to them the increased risk that they are at and hopefully they will make good deciscions.

It is usually both. You had an predesposition of getting HPPD, and you triggered it with a hallucinogenic drug. Ask your closest relatives if they have visual disturbances.

I myself found out that my mom had a milder life long form of HPPD (from birth, not triggered by hallucinogens), with visual snow, pareidolias, illusonary movement etc. My uncle has epilepsy, and has coming and going visual snow and auras around objects. My sister has a severe form of migraine, with all visual disturbances that comes on when the attacks onset.

And here I am with a medically diagnosed severe form of HPPD, triggered by heavy doses of various hallucinogens. So yes, it definately seems to be hereditary predispositions for it. But it doesn´t have to imply that your children will develop HPPD or related disorders. Just that they´re more likely to. Especially with hallucinogen use. So keep them off drugs! ;)