Why isn't anybody here talking about keppra anymore?

- I was struggling with insomnia after a long time without having it, but I guess it's because I have a work meeting tomorrow. - 

So, I decided to do my random check on how things are going on here. 

I realized something, on the beginning of the last decade you can see a lot of users reporting great improvements by taking Keppra as treatment. 

Is there any explanation for it, or it was just a cascade effect due placebo? I really don't know. 

And if it has it's efficacy, knowing what we know nowadays, is there any explanation for it to be different than most meds and having more success rates? 

take it easy guys, and have a great ride

*(my status: Currently on probiotics, nicotine, and effexor xr 225mg - and celebrating 4 months without any benzodiazepines) 

Edited by badhalfsack

Not everyone has had the best experiences with it, and probably because it simply just doesn't cure the condition. I see a lot of HPPD sufferers that cant tolerate any of these neurotransmitter modulating drugs. Granted though some have seen some benefit. Which will primarily be due to its ability to lessen neurotransmitters, so it likely helps to quiet some of the cortical disinhibition seen in HPPD, however its mechanism of action is unknown, and it(like most other pharmaceuticals) does not appear to treat the underlying cause of this condition.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, Fawkinchit said:

Not everyone has had the best experiences with it, and probably because it simply just doesn't cure the condition. I see a lot of HPPD sufferers that cant tolerate any of these neurotransmitter modulating drugs. Granted though some have seen some benefit. Which will primarily be due to its ability to lessen neurotransmitters, so it likely helps to quiet some of the cortical disinhibition seen in HPPD, however its mechanism of action is unknown, and it(like most other pharmaceuticals) does not appear to treat the underlying cause of this condition.

Would a dna tracking exam be helpful on our situation? In order to determine the reaction towards a medication, or if it's even suitable for us, or it would be unpredictable to what could cause on our hppd? 

An example is the people who do this kind of exam to check which medication would be better for their treatment of regular depression. In this case they would receive which med would be suitable for them and which ones they should avoid, because of side effects and efficacy. 

My point is can we make a dna exam to check if keppra is beneficial or even regular for our organism. If it is, would that mean that it would not have negative effects on our hppd? Even that it doesn't make anything to it.