Hppd and pregnancy

Hey guys! 

I developed hppd about 8 months ago and and began to see growth and change in around May, I just found out that I’m pregnant and now I’m experiencing lots of visual snow, night terrors and depersonalization. Has anyone experienced this? I assume it’s because my hormones are intensifying of course but it’s really awful and I’m only around 4 weeks so I’m worried they will worsen. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I read about a woman, I think on here, who had her hppd go away after giving birth.

I think that becoming pregnant signals many things to the body— one of which is it’s time to clean things up. Become as strong as possible. If you are cleaning up bad pathogens and cells, it’s possible that is effecting your hppd because doing requires the immune system. Hppd may not be immune related, but having inflammatory reactions (not uncommon in pregnancy) can cause all sorts of emotional symptoms. 

im sorry to hear you are not feeling well :( best of luck and much love. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello! 19yo, 9 weeks pregnant here. I developed HPPD around age 14, and i’ve not even smoked, drank, let alone hallucinogens since. Specifically the visual snow (static) came a while after however, around last year. I’m also feeling some of the depersonalization you’re talking about. I’m sure alot of it has to do with hormones.

It’s very scary to me, how little research has been conducted on pregnancy & LSD/HPPD. I also live in a small town so my doctors don’t even know what HPPD is, let alone how it will affect pregnancy. I’ve been especially scared regarding the spinal epidural; as I’ve heard LSD remains in your spinal fluid forever.

But man, I hope there’s a chance it does go away after giving birth! I’m sorry you’re struggling too. We’re in this together!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi!

Congrats! I am 45 and have 4 children. From what I can recall, it was my second pregnancy that was the WORST as far as my HPPD symptoms went. It was awful. But I had an epidural, gave birth, and my symptoms lessened a lot. No idea why. Btw, I could be wrong, but I heard it was a myth that LSD stayed in your spinal fluid. I always thought that as well.