Drugs after getting HPPD

Löken

Hi,

Should perhaps start with a short background story of my HPPD. It started on new year’s eve after doing acid, ketamine and smoking weed. At the end of the night I felt something in my brain almost like someone /something flick the center of it.

Woke up with I thought was after glow but the my world continued to be green/yellow for 3 to 4 months. I´ve also suffered from the normal symptoms like visual snow, tracers head pressure dp etc.
7 months later and I only experience tracers and mild visual snow(in darkness black couleurs) .

I like to get intoxicated once in a while and I can drink even thou it will make the tracers to be temporally worse. I´ve even tried speed and coke and it’s the same thing there, tracer gets temporally worse.
It might be a controversial question to post here but does anyone have any experience with taking drugs after getting HPPD that didn’t make it permanently worse? If that’s the case what did you take?
What should I stay far away from? I know acid, weed, mushrooms are out of the question.

Hi, 

I have made the mistake of tripping on mushrooms and smoking DMT plus periods of heavy weed use after developing HPPD.  For me, the weed always brings it back and when I get off of it, the symptoms usually recede within a few months.  Everyone's different, mine is primarily from heavy LSD use when I was 18-20.  I am now 32 and still have fairly strong visuals. My advice is to really evaluate why you want to still use drugs and also appreciate that if you contracted HPPD from one time acid use, you are probably sensitive to this condition.  I contracted it from heavy doses upwards of 10 hits of good acid on multiple occasions.  The disorder can be debilitating so it really is best not to tempt fate.  For me, I had to get burned enough times until I learned how to be happy without drugs or alcohol.  It's not to say that I don't sometimes miss being high or drunk but it's become a matter of overall gain.  My life is better this way so I choose to live this way.  I hope this helps. 

Take Care,

Nick 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cosmiccharlie said:

Hi, 

I have made the mistake of tripping on mushrooms and smoking DMT plus periods of heavy weed use after developing HPPD.  For me, the weed always brings it back and when I get off of it, the symptoms usually recede within a few months.  Everyone's different, mine is primarily from heavy LSD use when I was 18-20.  I am now 32 and still have fairly strong visuals. My advice is to really evaluate why you want to still use drugs and also appreciate that if you contracted HPPD from one time acid use, you are probably sensitive to this condition.  I contracted it from heavy doses upwards of 10 hits of good acid on multiple occasions.  The disorder can be debilitating so it really is best not to tempt fate.  For me, I had to get burned enough times until I learned how to be happy without drugs or alcohol.  It's not to say that I don't sometimes miss being high or drunk but it's become a matter of overall gain.  My life is better this way so I choose to live this way.  I hope this helps. 

Take Care,

Nick 

Had no idea you were 32

@Löken Honestly, IMO, why mess with it all. I will drink sometimes but thats it. Some HPPDers cant even do that.

Not the answer I was hoping for but the answer I was expecting. your advice helps thou.

It was the weed that tip me over that night I’m pretty sure of it so will never smoke again and the same thing goes for acid.

I don’t know why but I like to get high it gives me brake allows me to reset and gets me centered. But it’s not worth the 3-4 months of green/ yellowish hell I lived thru that almost broke me. The yearly salary talk with my then greenish boss weird face was out of this world awkward so want to avoid that.

The reason why I’m asking Is that I’m going to my first open air/rave since New Year’s Eve and I know there’s going to be a bunch of drugs there. I´m planning to drink at least and would really like to know if there’s a more of a safe choice of drugs over others.

I'd say it's better not to take anything at all but since there's a good chance you will end up high on something, I will rank these following drugs from least triggering to most triggering when it comes to HPPD. Mind you that this is how it affects ME, drugs don't affect everyone in the same way.

- Coke = just some low increase in Visual Snow

- Speed = a bit more VS than with coke

- MDMA = general increase in all symptoms. Symptoms return to baseline after a few weeks

- Weed = Huge no no. Huge increase in all symptoms, lots of anxiety. Returns to baseline after a few weeks but regular smoking will significantly postpone the baseline it's supposed to return to.

- LSD / Shrooms = You have to be crazy to do these will knowingly being affected by HPPD. LSD is the one drug I have never touched again after HPPD.

Again, this is how I experience things. Some people will be more affected by coke and less by weed. HPPD is a very random disorder, no two people react the same.

I don't know if you already went to your rave but I thought answering might still help others take a decision.

BUT IF YOU CAN AVOID TAKING THESE DRUGS, AVOID. All of us here wish someone would have told us not to take them, but here we are.

• Like 1