Symptoms similar to neuropathy???

Hello! I am only just beginning to understand that I have HPPD, and even so I’m still not convinced 100% that I have it. About four years ago I probably did around 10 trips of acid within a year. Since then I’ve probably tripped 5 times.

One of the biggest changes over the past year or two is developing symptoms of neuropathy, muscular things, and other nerve related symptoms. These include things like pins and needles in the hands and feet, strange sensations across my face, near constant muscle twitches in at least one part of my body, shaking in my hands, etc. 

I’m an otherwise healthy 23 year old male with no conditions that can explain these things (diabetes, MS, B12 deficiency, etc. I’ve talked to a neurologist about it, but he basically just said if it gets worse come back in. No help. I’m interested to see if anyone else has had similar symptoms, or knows anything related to nerve damage and psychedelics.

I had pins and needles from Lyme disease, definitely not related to psychedelics. When they did an MRI to explore whether the Lyme had affected my brain they discovered a cluster of small tumors.  Thankfully they are very slow growing.  I'm not sure you have tick borne illnesses where you are.  Anyway, try and stay positive, you're young and I'm sure things will get better with time.  If you notice HPPD like issues the advice is always the same, stop all drugs and live a healthy lifestyle.  I wish you the best

I don’t know anything about nerve damage and psyche but I do know that psychs, by definition of how they work, leave your body extremely vulnerable for a period of time for latent virus’s living in the body to become active and spread very quickly. Psychedelics are “anti-inflammatory” which is also another way of saying “immune suppressing”. 

even if there is no link there, I would have yourself checked for Lymes and EBV. I have had all your symptoms during EBV flare ups. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Since I got hppd I have been looking around forums for people with those symptoms you describe. Since I have very similair symptoms, however for only around 8 months now. While alot of initial symptoms subsided, a few stayed or come back ocassionaly. I have muscle twitches and tremors in different muscle regon, also feeling weak in my legs sometimes. Pins and needles aswell. I have been to a neurologist and have done a MRI and an egg test, nothing was found. She said she couldnt do anything more than that :/ .

Just wanted to give you head up that there are other people with those symptoms. Looking for a solution aswell to all of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have had similar experiences actually to the point that psychedelics made me a hypochondriac. You will convince yourself that you have things going on. Hppd can give you such horrible anxiety that they begin to manifest as real bodily symptoms. Most people don’t know this but anxiety can mimic heart attack symptoms, MS, stroke and twitching and cramping within the body. I’ve seen 2 cardiologists for heart palpitations and 3 heart monitors everything is normal. I’ve seen 2 neurologists and they said it’s very likely anxiety because I’ve had a full body workup on virtually everything. Anxiety can also make you feel as if you are vibrating. Also ask about migraines, as they can mimic neurological symptoms as well. The stress was so bad I’ve been on 3 blood pressure medications for over a year at 20 years old and I am finally starting to feel somewhat better. Your mind is extremely powerful and stress is your body trying to tell you to change something. You have to change. Your going to be okay. Meditate and breath. You got this. 

See I thought I was hypochondriac with my heart too.... until 3 nights ago when I went into the ER because my heart was in A-fib. Long story short they couldn’t get it back to a normal rhythm so they had to put me to sleep and shock my heart. Yes like with the AED and everything, it was that intense. So now I don’t know what to think....

Im young, in shape, 24, and shouldn’t have any underlying heart conditions. I’m freaking the fuck out after having to have my heart shocked in the ER. I highly doubt it’s physically related to HPPD, but now if anything my anxiety about my body and perception of health is skyrocketing. 

If you have something going on with your heart then follow through with it and speak to cardiologist. There is no guarantee they will find something but if they don’t it may help you feel a little better and cope. Ask them to do a stress test with ekg, heart monitor for 2 weeks and an ultrasound on your heart. If all of those come back normal speak to a counselor about how anxiety can cause these things. Anxiety can be so bad that it can cause extreme rapid heart beat and irregular heart rythm. You have to accept they may not find something but really push that you want it looked into. If they find nothing focus on meditation and coping. It’s going to be okay. Im going through the same thing my friend. I still have palpitations but if they don’t find anything just ignore them and it will be okay. Try to cope when you are going to have a panic attack. I’ve been to the ER many times to with nothing to show for it except extreme blood pressure. 

On 5/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, Advocacy said:

Hey I have had similar experiences actually to the point that psychedelics made me a hypochondriac. You will convince yourself that you have things going on. Hppd can give you such horrible anxiety that they begin to manifest as real bodily symptoms. Most people don’t know this but anxiety can mimic heart attack symptoms, MS, stroke and twitching and cramping within the body. I’ve seen 2 cardiologists for heart palpitations and 3 heart monitors everything is normal. I’ve seen 2 neurologists and they said it’s very likely anxiety because I’ve had a full body workup on virtually everything. Anxiety can also make you feel as if you are vibrating. Also ask about migraines, as they can mimic neurological symptoms as well. The stress was so bad I’ve been on 3 blood pressure medications for over a year at 20 years old and I am finally starting to feel somewhat better. Your mind is extremely powerful and stress is your body trying to tell you to change something. You have to change. Your going to be okay. Meditate and breath. You got this. 

11 hours ago, Advocacy said:

If you have something going on with your heart then follow through with it and speak to cardiologist. There is no guarantee they will find something but if they don’t it may help you feel a little better and cope. Ask them to do a stress test with ekg, heart monitor for 2 weeks and an ultrasound on your heart. If all of those come back normal speak to a counselor about how anxiety can cause these things. Anxiety can be so bad that it can cause extreme rapid heart beat and irregular heart rythm. You have to accept they may not find something but really push that you want it looked into. If they find nothing focus on meditation and coping. It’s going to be okay. Im going through the same thing my friend. I still have palpitations but if they don’t find anything just ignore them and it will be okay. Try to cope when you are going to have a panic attack. I’ve been to the ER many times to with nothing to show for it except extreme blood pressure. 

No but the thing is I went into the ER and they DID find stuff. I was having an extreme case of atrial fibrillation that couldn’t be stopped with medication so they had to put me to sleep and use the AED on me to shock my heart back into a normal rhythm. It’s not just palpitations or fast or panic attack stuff, this is real heart atrial fibrillation. At age 24 😭

Then follow the steps I laid out to investigate. Panic and stress can be so bad that it causes heart rythm disorders especially if you have been dealing with them for awhile. You may have atrial fibrillation on top of hppd or your stress is so bad it’s causing it. Like I said have a cardiologist do the things I laid out and if they find nothing. Focus on your mind. In a study there is evidence that extreme levels of anxiety, stress and even hypochondria can manifest as real problems. Long term if you don’t work on it, this may cause real health problems like hypertension, heart rythm issues, stroke. Your going to be okay just make sure your heart is okay with a cardiologist. 

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to throw out there that feeling of “neuropathy” in the hands and feet along with muscle fasciculations are signs of mast cell activation syndrome. 

MCAS can be triggered by drugs. 

it has a wide range of symptoms— localized and/or systemic. 

visual snow is common in mast cell patients. 

feeling “butterflies” (anxiety) in the abdomen. 

mast cells are most prevalent in areas that come into contact with the outside world. Hands, feet, face, groin. 

there are also neuro mast cells