Almost 3 years after HPPD onset (nearly 100%)

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I came back to this forum, haven't come on here in a while since I completely forgot about my HPPD for a bit. I've laid off all drugs and alcohol (even caffeine) for at least the past year and I feel pretty good. My symptoms are almost nonexistent, the one thing that's still around is the visual snow but I also don't notice it unless I try or if I'm looking at a solid color. From what I've gathered from some facebook users that got HPPD from the same drug I did (nBOME), the visual snow is there to stay but it's honestly fine at this point. The only thing I can really say that helped me for sure was abstinence and a healthy life style overall. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for the late reply Hall! I somehow missed this.

The main symptoms I used to experience were visual snow , flashbacks, nausea, breathing/wave visuals, ‘thought loops’ (would fixate on something and think about it over and over again for an unspecified amount of time) and minor distorted depth perception. I may have had more symptoms but I can’t remember them off the top of my head now.

As of now, I haven’t thought about HPPD for a significant amount of time. Any lingering symptoms I have no longer remind me of this condition; it’s simply a non factor in my day to day life.

The visual snow is still there, but I’ve forgot about it being different compared to than I used to see. When I look up at my pitch black ceiling and see the snow, it seems completely normal.

Of the symptoms I mentioned that I previously had, I currently only SEEM to have the visual snow and minor distorted depth perception. The depth perception isn’t typically an issue and I’m not 100% sure it’s the result of HPPD. If I drink alcohol now, I do not feel ‘good’ drunk the way I did before HPPD. I do not drink much anymore due to this, and if I do, it’s purely for the taste and I do not drink enough to make me even remotely tipsy.