Help! HPPD came back after second hand weed smoking

g29

Hi I'm in panic at this moment, freaking out really bad. I was "cured" from hppd, for more than a decade and now I´m dealing with this again in full force due to second hand smoking. Please someone tell me this will not be permanent! It's been 2 weeks since this incident. i feel out of me, dp/dr, anxiety and the visuals came back, maybe even worse than before!! And now I'm not young anymore to recover. Need some support!!

Edited by g29

7 hours ago, Bigg. Pappa said:

Bruh. Chill. If it went away before it’s gonna go away now.  Did u get high? Cause if u didn’t it can all just be a neurotic reaction. 

Thank you! I didn´t get high. But a few days later, in normal daily activities, and without making any connection with this incident yet, I started to notice the trails again, heavily, especially every time I move my hands, to the point they are bothering me a lot!

I'm 37 now, and not in my 20´s anymore like when I was able to make a successful recovery, that's scares me too!

1 hour ago, g29 said:

Thank you! I didn´t get high. But a few days later, in normal daily activities, and without making any connection with this incident yet, I started to notice the trails again, heavily, especially every time I move my hands, to the point they are bothering me a lot!

I'm 37 now, and not in my 20´s anymore like when I was able to make a successful recovery, that's scares me too!

Well, listen, considering that u didn’t even get high and that u noticed change in ur hppd few days later, I think it’s very unlikely that the weed did smth. Look up the forums. Ppl say that smoking does make it worse but ofc that get high and start seeing the change in hppd almost str8 away.        U mentioned trails. So what happened was that u got the trails and then u started feeling anxious and had dp/dr? That would Ofc mean that it’s not hppd per say but a neurotic reaction to the trails.     Apart from weed, was there anything else? Maybe some psychological stuff? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

if you're 37 and you made a recovery from your 20s; In my opinion you are well-qualified to recover again.   Fear is the mindkiller as is said in the dune series. 

Practice breathing, take a walk, let your visuals take over, you may find they aren't that powerful.   I had 20 years or so of "no symptoms" but what that really means to me is that i ignored them successfully for that long.    Earlier this month i did something totally nuts, and took .2 g of psylicibin cubensis, usually not enough for a full on trip.  but now i've got some recovering to do myself.  

the anxiety is what seems to be the worst part of it.  so however you can get that under control.  you got this is you want to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bigg. Pappa said:

Well, listen, considering that u didn’t even get high and that u noticed change in ur hppd few days later, I think it’s very unlikely that the weed did smth. Look up the forums. Ppl say that smoking does make it worse but ofc that get high and start seeing the change in hppd almost str8 away.        U mentioned trails. So what happened was that u got the trails and then u started feeling anxious and had dp/dr? That would Ofc mean that it’s not hppd per say but a neurotic reaction to the trails.     Apart from weed, was there anything else? Maybe some psychological stuff? 

But I believe that thc can get into your system and mess with hppd, even if you don't feel a high?

"So what happened was that u got the trails and then u started feeling anxious and had dp/dr?" Yes, probably that´s  how it happened. I was just feeling unusually  down before this, a strange feeling of being so down.

I made the mistake of allowing a girl to smoke inside my room, I wasn't concerned about hppd at that moment. It was only after a couple of days that I noticed the trails and made the connection with this situation.

Before this incident, I had considered myself recovered, my visuals had decreased a lot to the point that I couldn't care less, it was the same as not having hppd. Same with dp/dr. HPPD really was a thing of the past. Now, after so many years, I'm struggling with this again. Every time I move my hands, unconsciously I do it slowly to avoid seeing the trails. I'm having a real bad time!

4 hours ago, CrowBennett said:

if you're 37 and you made a recovery from your 20s; In my opinion you are well-qualified to recover again.   Fear is the mindkiller as is said in the dune series. 

Practice breathing, take a walk, let your visuals take over, you may find they aren't that powerful.   I had 20 years or so of "no symptoms" but what that really means to me is that i ignored them successfully for that long.    Earlier this month i did something totally nuts, and took .2 g of psylicibin cubensis, usually not enough for a full on trip.  but now i've got some recovering to do myself.  

the anxiety is what seems to be the worst part of it.  so however you can get that under control.  you got this is you want to. 

in my case the visuals actually had  decreased a lot! the remaining hppd was "harmless", same as not having it. Until now of course, that I'm dealing with it again. How old are you? aren't you  very anxious about your recent incident with the mushrooms?

Edited by g29

12 hours ago, g29 said:

But I believe that thc can get into your system and mess with hppd, even if you don't feel a high?

"So what happened was that u got the trails and then u started feeling anxious and had dp/dr?" Yes, probably that´s  how it happened. I was just feeling unusually  down before this, a strange feeling of being so down.

I made the mistake of allowing a girl to smoke inside my room, I wasn't concerned about hppd at that moment. It was only after a couple of days that I noticed the trails and made the connection with this situation.

Before this incident, I had considered myself recovered, my visuals had decreased a lot to the point that I couldn't care less, it was the same as not having hppd. Same with dp/dr. HPPD really was a thing of the past. Now, after so many years, I'm struggling with this again. Every time I move my hands, unconsciously I do it slowly to avoid seeing the trails. I'm having a real bad time!

W8 w8. So when were u feeling down then. Was it in the run up to the incident. Or after it. Before or after seeing the traces. 

7 hours ago, Bigg. Pappa said:

W8 w8. So when were u feeling down then. Was it in the run up to the incident. Or after it. Before or after seeing the traces. 

After the incident and before seeing the trails. And I'm still feeling unusually down. 

Unfortunately, I also have new floaters.

Edited by g29

2 hours ago, g29 said:

After the incident and before seeing the trails. And I'm still feeling unusually down. 

So far it looks like ur traces are what started the whole cascade of hppd like reactions. And in turn were caused by 'feeling down'. So r u sure its the weed that made u feel like that. And even if thats the case don't u think that any kind of thing that would make u feel like that would cause u to see traces etc.

2 hours ago, Bigg. Pappa said:

So far it looks like ur traces are what started the whole cascade of hppd like reactions. And in turn were caused by 'feeling down'. So r u sure its the weed that made u feel like that. And even if thats the case don't u think that any kind of thing that would make u feel like that would cause u to see traces etc.

what you mean, is that  you believe it wasn't the weed?

And yes, after noticing the trails is when everything started.

I've found a couple of reports in the forum about second hand smoking inducing a flare up :(

Edited by g29

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 6:32 PM, g29 said:

in my case the visuals actually had  decreased a lot! the remaining hppd was "harmless", same as not having it. Until now of course, that I'm dealing with it again. How old are you? aren't you  very anxious about your recent incident with the mushrooms?

I am 40. I was at first very anxious. But stabilized myself with rest, lots of vitamins and forcing myself to do things.   Also not fighting the visuals and letting them try and take over helps me, I think of it like surrendering to a demon, once I surrender to it, it is not powerful at all.  

It has been only somewhat disruptive,  never would i have thought i'd try psylicibin again, but on the off chance i thought it might help, with all the wonderful news about microdosing, i tried.  The trip itself was quite manageable, however, afterwards, the lingerings are troublesome.   I am pretty proud of myself for being able to cope afterwards, but this in no way is any sort of endorsement of doing it obviously. 

I went to see my therapist, and knowing my history, she finally suggested EMDR and also transcranial magnetic stimulation.  Which I am pretty psyched about.  She said it might help the hallucinations, but i told her that was a very bold statement.  Hopefully it doesn't make them worse.  I actually logged in today to find out if anyone here has done TCS.  

how are you holding up?

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, g29 said:

Everyone has floaters naturally all the time and you are just simply experiencing a heightened awareness of your current floaters, and don't get me wrong at all because it can be very frustrating and terribly distracting to have to deal with that all day. Also the more you focus on your "symptoms" and anxiety the worse they'll be. I think the best plan of action is to calm down and get out of the fear/anxiety loop and then consciously choose to find more positive and productive things to focus your attention on, remember that energy flows where focus goes. Also, YOU are the only ONE that is completely in charge of YOU, and you are the only one with the power to decide how to feel and act at any given time that you choose... Much love to you on your journey to truly find yourself.....

• 1 month later...

What visuals did you have that actually decreased or vanished back in the day? Did you have VS? Hope you recover again! And yes, it doesn't require much THC to cause this, i got it from such a small amount that it didn't even make me high, just a little bit relaxed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 1:27 AM, g29 said:

I think it's highly unlikely that such miniscule amounts of THC would mess with your HPPD, especially considering you started having symptoms again multiple days after the fact.
To me it just seems that you're suffering from anxiety induced HPPD, blaming the THC "exposure" in an effort to rationalize what's going on.