Is anyone suffering from psychosis + HPPD?

My doc knows nothing about HPPD and I'm being treated for drug induced psychosis. I feel like I have both. I had many psychotic trips and I never really recovered from them. Sometimes I hear voices inside my head that are not my own, sometimes Im afraid they will take over my mind. I also have a lot HPPD symptoms. I rarely leave my house, can't live on my own anymore, can't even stay in my own house alone at night, my condition is very severe.
I've been sober for a year, HPPD and the psychosis thing started 3 years ago at the same time. After a psychotic trip I was left with HPPD symptoms + I didn't come down from that trip.

I feel very lonely, does anyone here suffers from some psychotic disorder? Can you tell me about what medication do you use, does it work?
I'm currently on antipsychotics for about 4-5weeks, Risperidone. It doesn't really help I think. I will also start taking Abilify. I'm also on daily Xanax. I'm very much afraid that I won't be able to find medication that actually helps me. My main issues are anxiety/panic attacks/paranoia. I also have visual issues but gotten used to them.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

hey man  i think i do  

Hi  I have had hppd for 2 years and its been a dessent into hell.. It started very mild  then anti histamines celexa made it worse..then i tried for a year to make it better  clonapam was always my go to but was aware of dangers os treated with respect.. The next big spike was lions mane... gabapentin as working untill inclusion of lamotragine and then boom up another level.   im no longer ina space where i can just live with it.  intense snow visuals  flies buzing around  tactile bugs 247 makes my life unbearable..  gutted as two years ago i could barely see any snow let alone the rest... I decided as a last resort before ending things to move to a hot beach and see if the weather and see might rebalance my nervous system.. every spike i have had never came down  just pushed me up...

Right now i started keppra 1000  take clonaspam every other day  and started risperadone for tactile ahllucinations (  i am aware of the risks but i have no choice)

I have carbomazapine clpbazam topimerate and phenoarbital as back up. i am thinking antipeileptics are my best chance for relief...  

Would appreciate any advice  i eat well relax  etc  but ignoring my visuals and ignoring the tactile sensations is not piossible..I need treatmentt I know some people used peptides.. Im basically trying to save my life...so any thoughts ?

32 minutes ago, jat said:

hey man  i think i do  

Hi  I have had hppd for 2 years and its been a dessent into hell.. It started very mild  then anti histamines celexa made it worse..then i tried for a year to make it better  clonapam was always my go to but was aware of dangers os treated with respect.. The next big spike was lions mane... gabapentin as working untill inclusion of lamotragine and then boom up another level.   im no longer ina space where i can just live with it.  intense snow visuals  flies buzing around  tactile bugs 247 makes my life unbearable..  gutted as two years ago i could barely see any snow let alone the rest... I decided as a last resort before ending things to move to a hot beach and see if the weather and see might rebalance my nervous system.. every spike i have had never came down  just pushed me up...

Right now i started keppra 1000  take clonaspam every other day  and started risperadone for tactile ahllucinations (  i am aware of the risks but i have no choice)

I have carbomazapine clpbazam topimerate and phenoarbital as back up. i am thinking antipeileptics are my best chance for relief...  

Would appreciate any advice  i eat well relax  etc  but ignoring my visuals and ignoring the tactile sensations is not piossible..I need treatmentt I know some people used peptides.. Im basically trying to save my life...so any thoughts ?

Hello, thanks for replying!

I have tried Risperidone for 3 months or so (I was on 6mg at one point) and I saw no increase in symptoms but the side effects were bad, especially the restlessness. I wasn't able to sit still (except when I was sleeping). I wasn't able to watch TV for 15 minutes. I would mostly just sleep on it or walk around my house.
I have also tried Abilify (also 3 months +) and I'm currently on Clozapine (both antipsychotics) and honestly they did absolutely nothing for me. 
I have no idea why am I still taking Clozapine, it's relatively small dose so I don't feel any side effects. I'm afraid it won't help me since I have also been taking it for a couple of months now without any changes.

But I think it's worth trying antipsychotics, especially if you are dealing with psychotic symptoms. In some cases it helped with HPPD.
I'm also just trying to save my life, I hear that.

19 hours ago, jat said:

can i ask wht your symtoms are   have any meds worsened your symptoms.. are you planning on trying any ?

I have all the usual HPPD symptoms like visual snow, floaters, everything looks brighter and cartoon-like. DPDR. I also deal with delusions and paranoia.
No, as said I saw no increase in symptoms when I got on antipsychotics.
I'm also prescribed Xanax but it doesn't do much for me, just makes me sleepy.