Anybody have double vision???

Gmo

Does anyone have double vision

http://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/images/Double-Vision1.jpg that's the best picture I could find. Idk if it's a symptom of HPPD or not but it's pretty annoying. I got it like 3 months after my depersonalization hit. I told my eye doctor about it but she said she couldn't detect anything wrong with my eyes. I've always had pretty bad eyesight so I'm not sure if this is a symptom of that or my drug use.

Yep, I get this.. I notice it in particular when things are up close, such as when I'm talking to people I tend to see two profiles or outlines of their face.

I also have problems focusing on things, but I'm not sure if this has something to do with colour as well. For instance, I find it very difficult to look at stripey shirts - my eyes are always shifting around.

When I was prescribed risperidone, the double vision became a lot worse.

Quite a few people experience this. I think people usually call it 'ghosting', because the double image is like a ghost image rather than a true second image. Sometimes I see more than two images / one ghost image.

See this thread for pictures, including the one zukov talks about above: http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/675-ghosting-question-about-medications/

Gmo, that is ghosting

Loky, it does seem to be affected by the distance of the object

It seems so much like an astimatism - yet that is something an eye doctor can readily identify. Another posibility is 'binocular conversion' problems (which would involve mid-brain dopamine areas). But it really seems to relate to some weird combo with starbursts and positive afterimages.

Question to all with this problem:

Do you also have starbursts?

Do you have any positive afterimaging?

What are starbursts?

I get after-imaging a bit but usually it's nothing too serious, just black/shadowy blotches on my vision which go after a couple of seconds. Once was incredibly scary though: I'd glanced up at a ceiling light for too long, for the next 30-40 mins I had a multi-coloured ring literally burnt into my vision. Even if I closed my eyes it was still there. I literally could hardly see anything apart from this circle. Luckily it went away, but it seriously freaked me out.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope not ghosting, I get that too when i smoke sometimes, or when i see things at a certain distance like the blotches on the windshield of my car. I mostly notice it now while watching tv high. It's really hard to focus my eyes, It's different from ghosting because ghosting is vertical, and it seems less eye-brain related than this. This just feels like my brain isnt connecting both eyes properly, while ghosting feels like both eyes are adding more than should be there. Hard to explain.

Is it present only with both eyes open? I.e. when you close one eye, does it dissapear? If so, sounds like your eyes aren't working properly together, and so your brain isn't connecting the two images together. You can make yourself see double like this if you hold your finger over one eyelid, apply a little pressure and move it about.

I have ghosting but i also think i have a bit of double vision as well, when i see light reflecting of something there is always to images about a centimetre apart but of the one object.

Does anyone here also experience this shit star bursting symptom during the day?

Double vision is usually the term for 'binocular convergence' problems - two eyes don't position correctly (incorrect triangulation). If you close one eye and see double vision, then it is ghosting. If double vision corrects, then you have binocular convergence issues.