ss vs hppd

2muchmandy

Could seratonin syndrome be confused with hppd. I know a lad on one of my bmw forums said he got ss after a hard mandy session that had visuals persisting for a week or so and similar feelings of hppd. Im unsure as I havnt been diagnosed cos no doctor in scotland has a clue....which is stupid seen as we live on drugs

There is a fair chance that he didn't have SS though. From what I can remember, there is no way to scientifically diagnose SS... So it would be just guess work, on his part.

Although saying that... most of us on here are using guesswork to say we have hppd.

I think you can overdo it on mdma and have a crazy time of it for weeks.. without it being SS though.

i just want to know whats wrong with my head really and if il be able to smoke, drink do whatever again u know. the symptoms hes described sound hppdish but he said it faded and he can now still take mdma aslong as he doesnt over do it with no symptoms just depression and the usual black tuesday

Basically as much as im sure you would like to return to your previous life style is it really worth it, as said very few of us "know" what we are dealing with other than its not very positive and its probably drug related. Personally i would say if your on this site asking that sought of question it probably means its not a good idea..

It sounds like your symptoms are clearing up nicely..... I think you should be all good in a few months.

You should be able to drink (but go easy... tough advice for a scot :D ) and maybe smoke a few mild joints, here and there. If that is the case.... Be very, very thankful. I'd kill to be able to kick back and smoke a nice joint without being whipped up into an lsd trip.

good luck fella

If I smoke skunk, I equal it to about 3/4 of a strong lsd trip* and it tends to last about an hour.... visuals go crazy, time warps, I hear things and get very panicky and paranoid. The only times I ever smoke it is when i'm too drunk to care, and that probably makes it a little more managable.... I can only imagine how bad it would be if I smoked it sober... Probably like a full lsd trip.

*I would say my normal hppd life is like 1/2 of a mild lsd trip