Update (and potential med trial)

justhere

Hi all,

Ever since I took 10mg Paxil way back in August 2017 I’ve struggled with this condition, despite having it since 2011. For whatever reason the Paxil brought on dp/dr which has unfortunately worsened up until the present. Some of the further exacerbations were due to trialing meds (modafinl, bpc 157, even Sinemet temporarily) but the majority of them were nocebo/psychosomatic reactions that produced real, lasting, physiological changes. I have Pure O OCD (which is the reason I got on Paxil in the first place) and it’s precisely my OCD which has caused me to worry about certain foods,toxins, second hand pot smoke etc. making me worse—these days even slight attention/internal scanning will amplify my dp and knock me into a further trippy state. My brain is essentially triggering itself somehow. Even when I wake up in the morning, if I don’t get out of bed and accidentally drift off this will sometimes send me further out into dp/dr. Ruminating and stress of course sometimes knocks me further along the continuum.

I had to modify my life greatly and give up on some experiences/goals that enriched my life. Essentially I’ve always done this as this condition has steadily worsened. But I always habituated and made peace. I’ve also not touched meds in a couple of years, not counting clonazepam which helped only with anxiety for a while until I had a, what I now believe was, psychosomatic negative reaction that made my dp worse. 

I haven’t had a baseline for about a year and I am starting to slip. Having this get worse every couple of weeks and now everyday is incredibly frustrating. 

I have Diazepam, Lamotrigine and Briviact (similar to Keppra)

also Magnesium Glycinate and Lion’s Mane

Ive said this before but I am positive that I will not be able to achieve a baseline, even for a few weeks,on my own without help.

Also my diet is decent with plenty of fish, coconut milk, walnuts and Ive been staying fit even while indoors. No drugs for years. No booze for 1.5 years.

I don’t want to feel forced to trial meds again but I am not sure what I choice I have. 

Just looking for support.

Wishing you all the best always and especially these days.

Edited by justhere