CBD for HPPD?

Hello all! I took high grade acid a month ago and had a good trip, although I have been dealing with some very mild static. I think it might be going away but I can’t really tell. I have access to CBD oil, would it help get rid of the symptoms quicker or temporarily? How much should I take at a time? Should I micro dose? Maybe I am impatient; I have been fasting from weed, alc, shrooms, nic, etc for the whole month haha

thanks!!

I have chronic pain issues but I've been hesitant to take CBD due to concerns about it worsening my HPPD. I know that might seem irrational if there's no THC in it, but I originally got my HPPD from marijuana, so to me it doesn't seem worth it to try it. In your case, you've already recovered a lot so I would suggest just trying to live more naturally and healthfully for a while instead, that way you don't relapse. But that's just me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I used CBD for a while, at first as capsules, then smoked hemp flower. Like @rlopes said, it does have trace amounts of THC in it, and sometimes it would make me feel pretty weird so I stopped using it.

Two other things about it that could be problematic: now that researchers have been able to study it, they're finding it interacts with a lot of medications. There was also a CBS News 60 Minutes special in the U.S. some months back about how although CBD is a miracle drug for many people, for many conditions, they found that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, CBD would quit working. Increasing the dose made no difference.

I can attest to that, as my mother has Chron's disease, and was successfully managing her symptoms with CBD. Then one day the CBD just stopped working. She tried increasing the dose, in multiple levels, still nothing.

I don't know why it does that, but it's another thing to keep in mind.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, SomebodySomewhere said:

I used CBD for a while, at first as capsules, then smoked hemp flower. Like @rlopes said, it does have trace amounts of THC in it, and sometimes it would make me feel pretty weird so I stopped using it.

Two other things about it that could be problematic: now that researchers have been able to study it, they're finding it interacts with a lot of medications. There was also a CBS News 60 Minutes special in the U.S. some months back about how although CBD is a miracle drug for many people, for many conditions, they found that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, CBD would quit working. Increasing the dose made no difference.

I can attest to that, as my mother has Chron's disease, and was successfully managing her symptoms with CBD. Then one day the CBD just stopped working. She tried increasing the dose, in multiple levels, still nothing.

I don't know why it does that, but it's another thing to keep in mind.

Indeed, luckily I can handle the trace (and not so trace) amounts after 7 years of healing. Additionally, there are a multitude of trace cannabinoids besides cbd in Hemp flower that can make you feel all sorts of stuff if youre sensitive.

Fascinating I was not aware of the pooping out component. We know so little about how the endocannabinoid system works. I havent had that experience with cbd, although it does have a tolerance for me certainly. It doesn't do much of jack shit for my physical problems by itself though anyway ahha. Thank you for the info :)

something interesting to note--- I have a friend with mdma induced hppd and he suffered from panic attacks for quite some time afterwards until he took cbd and they just stopped. Recently, they have returned though and are not responsive to the cbd. This could be indicative of what you are describing, but he has also been social distancing for a year and his mother fell ill with cancer so its not exactly a fair case study...

@Onemorestep You're lucky that you can handle it so well. I recently decided to try and use CBD again, as I've been reading many find it helps with benzo withdrawals, which I'm getting pretty bad.

The first brand I ordered, it said had the regulated 0.3mg/serving THC per 5omg CBD, but I call bull, it clearly had enough THC to mess me up, so I tossed it.

Today I ordered CBD from a reputable source, Lazarus Naturals, and although my thinking isn't weird like it was on the other one, I do feel dizzy, and am having small visual changes.

Have you ever had anything like this? I'm trying to figure out whether it's the CBD or simply benzo withdrawals. I do have chronically low blood pressure, I'm thinking maybe the CBD is lowering it too far (which is why I'm drinking some coffee while writing this, want to bring my BP back up).

What dosage of CBD do you generally find works best for you personally?

In terms of the pooping out, yeah, it's bizarre. I looked on Youtube for a link to that 60 Minutes report, but apparently even the creators of Charlottes Web, who sold the stuff due a condition their daughter has, her symptoms have returned, CBD no longer works for her, even though it did for a long time.

Soon I'll be giving my mother CBD again as her Crohn's is now much worse, and before she went into remission thanks to CBD, so I feel like it's worth a shot, as it's been a couple years now.

When I was in benzo withdrawal, cbd didn’t agree with me. Recently, my friend also stated as much. 

I have recently written a little bit on the site about my experience with cannabinoids in states of kindling from gaba drugs. While not in kindling I am fine. When I am in kindling all of them induce panic. 

at the moment, I am taking in very small amounts of cannabinoids. I think it’s very much a ymmv kind of thing as I’ve taken a gram in a day before and recently had periods where I couldn’t tolerate it at all. I suggest that if it worsens your symptoms and doesn’t feel good, do not take it. It sounds like it’s effecting your ECS which does effect blood pressure. 

I'm starting to believe that ECS dysfunction is a major component, if not the entirety, of what causes at least one variant of hppd. It’s almost as if agonists start to act as antagonists for those with hppd (if not literally, then the result is similar). Perhaps warped receptors. More agonization causes anandamide to be unable to bind? God I wish I had a lab. 

table 1 is interesting: so many symptoms of cb1 antagonists are what I’ve experienced from hppd. 

http://dergi.fabad.org.tr/pdf/volum33/issue2/95-108.pdf

recently, I had a cannabinoid called delta 8 thc relieve a good deal of my symptoms. Unfortunately, I pushed the envelope and gave myself a little fright. I think I’m okay, still better off than before, but interesting enough whenever I take in any cannabinoid it results in temporary paraesthesia. 

I think some cannabinoids are able to bend the receptors better than others. Cbd doesn’t seem to have as much of effect in this regard and over time it loses efficacy it seems according to you. Or for some other reason I can’t fathom. 

this stuff is complex and budding. I expect we should find some very interesting answers to our problems concerning our ECS.  

• Thanks 1

@OnemorestepThanks for the advice. I've decided to hold onto the CBD oil, but not take it for now. I also get paraesthesia from CBD and THC, but I didn't know the name of it before.

I'm glad we have so many smart members on this board that really do their research. I used to have a brain, but years of drinking turned my brain into mush :P

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

I think you should consult your doctor about this. Because a doctor will definitely be able to help you in choosing a drug for treatment. CBD products are suitable for the treatment of many diseases. I suffered from insomnia for a long time, and the drugs I bought did not help me. On my doctor's advice, I bought CBD-based chewing gums here at weedofficials.com, which was a good decision. These chews are high quality, and most importantly, they help me sleep.

Edited by sheliaarisa

• 8 months later...

While CBD can potentially provide some relief, it's important to note that its effects vary from person to person. I've personally tried CBD and found it helpful in certain situations, but it's not a guaranteed solution for everyone.
If you're looking for a different cannabis-based experience, you might want to explore THCV carts. They offer a unique cannabinoid profile that could provide a fresh perspective. However, it's crucial to remember that everyone's journey is different, so what works for one person may not work the same for another. Take your time, be patient, and consider consulting a healthcare professional for personalized advice.

Edited by LeoSmiths

• 2 months later...

I understand that your post is from three years ago, but I still want to provide some insight for anyone who might come across this topic. Visual disturbances, such as what you described, can be concerning after a psychedelic experience.
If you or anyone reading this thread is considering CBD or other cannabinoids for neuropathic pain or visual disturbances, it's crucial to consult with a healthcare professional. They can provide the most up-to-date information and guidance tailored to your unique situation.
Remember that the information and recommendations regarding CBD and its potential benefits can change over time as more research is conducted.

Edited by NathanBower