Cannabidiol (CBD)

Do you guys still find that Cannabis exacerbates your symptoms, but at the same time, relieves you of the worry in contrast to them?

In short I can't say with any certainty that weed has had any long-term impact on my symptoms (find it difficult to distinguish between different mental states/levels of intoxication/effects of any medication etc. that are subtle or happen gradually), though it definitely makes all of them worse while I'm on it. And my current experience is that it only worsens my worries about most things as well as what effect being high will have on my HPPD. That's with the high-THC strain I've used though, keen to compare with some CBD or a high-CBD strain at some point out of interest; no intention to make a hobby of it, though.

I'd recommend against using it with any regularity though, if that's why you're asking. It's just not worth it, unfortunately. Yeah, there are people who seem to be fine with it, but there are definitely a heap of people who wind up worse of for using it, and it's impossible to know which category you're gonna fall into. And hey, even if it doesn't seem to make things worse, who's to say that it's not stopping things from getting better? Just not a gamble worth taking IMO. I try to regard being able to get high comfortably again as a reward for working to pull myself out of this mess, haha.

Yes it greatly increases my dp/dr even though I haven't smoked in half a year or so and when I did it was only a hit or two of low quailty stuff. I haven't smoked any high end in over a year just because it would put me in a bad state for a few days to a few weeks. It could be different now since I am doing a bit better but I don't dare to try. I still ponder about eating it, obviously you wont get high but I wonder if it would do anything as far as getting CBD with no THC, I don't even know if that theory makes sense lol. Can anyone tell me about this idea or should I just trash it.

I just find that if I smoke every 3 weeks or so, the days that I smoke, maybe 2 or 3 in continuation, during those days, my DP increases abit, but instead,my anxiety lessons and my visuals aren't increased at all. But when I stop, two to 3 days later, my visuals seem to be affected permanently. Or, maybe, in the time that I was smoking, I haven't noticed an increase in visuals because I haven't been so anxious and concentrating on them. Other than that, when I don't smoke weed, they still seem to get worse, so I'm conflicted. My HPPD was basically hidden from my view for 3 months until I quit smoking. I'm not sure if it's worth starting to smoke again, when quitting was difficult. 

• 1 month later...

So I finally received and started taking CBD oil from Dixie Botanicals. I take 10 to 15 drops everyday and found it to be very effective in decreasing anxiety & depression. It is also effective in making you a little more social but not in that intoxicating way, it feels natural. I've been taking it for almost 2 weeks now. I even felt better on the 2 days I skipped taking it so I'm confident that it's working. But I still wouldn't classify it as a complete cure. I'll check back in like a month and report my progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I take more than 20 drops at once I notice that my visuals slightly increase in some strange ways. But I feel good so I don`t care lol. It`s only short term and the increase isn`t permanent.

Did anyone else have their visuals spike from taking CBD oil?

When I take more than 20 drops at once I notice that my visuals slightly increase in some strange ways. But I feel good so I don`t care lol. It`s only short term and the increase isn`t permanent.

Did anyone else have their visuals spike from taking CBD oil?

Do you have a routine to taking CBD oil, or as and when?

Yeah I now realize the spike in visuals was mostly due to taking it before I go to sleep. My visuals always spike before knocking out. My current routine is taking around 23 drops in the evening. Before this I used to take 10 to 15 drops once a day at no set time and after a few weeks of that I tried taking 6 to 10 drops three times a day. My hppd has been slowly and gradually getting better and I noticed the cbd is working better now. Idk if that`s because cbd works better after long term use or if its because my hppd is a little less intense now.

• 4 years later...

Hey guys have you ever tried cannabis as an alternative medicine for your sick dogs? I've heard that CBD Hemp is now a thing for dogs with arthritis, compromised immune systems, stress responses, aggression and digestive issues.Well they said it was pretty safe because of the low THC, CBD hemp won’t make your pupper high.I was reading some info here about CBD here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/cbd-in-medical-marijuana/.I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice regarding on this issue on dogs using cannabis as an alternative herbal medicine. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 11:41 AM, Ngozi said:

Hey guys have you ever tried cannabis as an alternative medicine for your sick dogs? I've heard that CBD Hemp is now a thing for dogs with arthritis, compromised immune systems, stress responses, aggression and digestive issues.Well they said it was pretty safe because of the low THC, CBD hemp won’t make your pupper high.I was reading some info here about CBD here in http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/cbd-in-medical-marijuana/.I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice regarding on this issue on dogs using cannabis as an alternative herbal medicine. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

Cbd isolate is probably fine for dogs. Most of what I’ve read says it is. Thc however is neurotoxic to canines. So I wouldn’t use full spectrum cbd oil since that does contain thc albeit in tiny doses. Even if a full spectrum (derived from marijuana) cbd says its “thc free” it isn’t. It’s just below a certain level so they can say that. While it is very low, low enough that my hppd riddles brain can handle the amount, I can’t speak to the safety for canines. 

Long story short, if you’re going to give your dog cbd, it’s probably best to give them isolate. 

All this being said I’ve given my dog full spectrum (I didn’t know it was at the time). She seems fine! Then again how can I measure if that didn’t zap a few brain cells....