quesition

cdfxsderer

It certainly doesn't help, thats for sure!

But it varies from person to person. Some people smoke daily and the negative effects are managable. Others experience extreme HPPD symptoms after smoking.

A caveat from many on the forum is that you can smoke for months and months with no problems and then randomly, out of the blue, marijuana can trigger a hppd flare up.

Dukkha

• 2 weeks later...

Have these people had a particularly bad trip when smoking that caused the flare up? Or has it been seemingly fine and then it just happens?

My understanding is that they keep smoking for months AFTER their bad/last trip, even when they have some mild symptoms, be it flashbacks, or some mild patterns or snow, but pre hppd. Then, about 4 or 5 months later (around the time it would have taken them to develop HPPD even if they stopped smoking, from potentiation or stress triggers) they get it full blown. I feel like once you take that trip dooming trip, you will get it even if you live stress free in a bubble, if enough time passes.

I havent heard yet from anyone who has smoked post-HPPD and gone from some bad symptoms to a living hell. Personally i feel like when most people develop bad HPPD, that becomes their primary concern, and smoking goes out the window, as it did with me and somethin that happened to me with PCP. For me, my HPPD sympotms arent that bad. You can read about them in the thread Marijuana Use. I didnt smoke or drink for about 3 months, but now im back on it. I just cant see myself like goin out with a chick or somethin, and not getting substances involved, fuck that. I havent really noticed a progression of my sober symptoms, even though smoking really makes shit trippy sometimes, and my sympotms definitely more pronounced. By the time I wake up the next morning, everythings fine, although I do feel a bit clouded, but I blame that on the PCP because my highs feel a bit like bein on that, although every day less so, thankfully.

Ive actually been wonderin the same thing as you, but i feel like the stress of restricting my lifestyle would be a constant stressful reminder of my condition, and it really only seems to get worse when I think about it. Hopefully im not wrong :/

Although sometimes I do go on the visual snow blog, and they always seem to keep developing symptoms and having them worsen and whatnot, but then I tell myself that their symptoms are a lot more neurologically ingrained than ours, since they usually also have many co-occurring problems with migraines and sleep issues. I dont know :/

My understanding is that they keep smoking for months AFTER their bad/last trip, even when they have some mild symptoms, be it flashbacks, or some mild patterns or snow, but pre hppd. Then, about 4 or 5 months later (around the time it would have taken them to develop HPPD even if they stopped smoking, from potentiation or stress triggers) they get it full blown. I feel like once you take that trip dooming trip, you will get it even if you live stress free in a bubble, if enough time passes.

This is almost was exactly what happened in my case. Developed very slight VS and 2D vision after E use but continued smoking sporadically. Stopped smoking six months later since i noticed that my symtoms were slowly increasing and i was becoming a bit anxious. Despite stopping it continued getting worse and after another six to eight months i had full blown hppd.

Now Keppra, LCHF-diet and being sober have made me 90% better. Might share a "success story" eventually.

Damn man, sorry to hear. Ive only had mine for 4 months or so, so im still learnin about it and i guess it could still get worse, but even though I got mine from shrooms, I really only experience trippy shit when Im high, and if I pop in some valerian, I even come to really enjoy it. Im just wondering, what are the symptoms you get from E use? Streaks, trailers, halos, VS, floaties...any hallucinations? DP or DR?

Also, whats the LCHF Diet? And how are you coping with Keppra?

Im thinkin that eventually i really am gonna have to straighten out, tell my family and go to the doctor, but im tryin to prolong that for as long as i can, hahaha, I can function well enough.

Glad youre gettin better bro.

Interesting. My story is I had one bad shrooms trip (only trip Ive ever had). Afterwards, I was fine, kept smoking weed as usual. Then, a couple months later, I noticed that when I smoked weed, I felt like I would be higher than usual and much more anxious. A month after that, full on hppd meltdown. Of course, I stopped all drinking and smoking after this for about 8 months. At this current point, shit is fairly manageable - I smoke sometimes, no real problems, definitely more cloudy and anxious the next day. But if it was really that bad, I would stop.

I guess we don't know if people in positions like mine or yours have had another crazy hppd regression from weed use. Also, exercising makes things so much better. If there were people who had a weed related regression, I would wonder whether they were exercising at this time too.

Damn man, just one trip? That sucks bro sorry to hear. I did it like 8 times, never had a bad trip. 5 months later somethin clicks and here i am. Exercising is definitely on my list though haha ill definitely start once i get back to school. BTW, when you say meltdown, what happened? Can you tell me your symptoms?

I always thought people who get it belatedly from shrooms dont get it as bad as someone who say, never comes down from an acid trip. Guess since ive only had it for 4 months, I sometimes worry that the worst part of the ride isnt over yet.

Damn man, sorry to hear. Ive only had mine for 4 months or so, so im still learnin about it and i guess it could still get worse, but even though I got mine from shrooms, I really only experience trippy shit when Im high, and if I pop in some valerian, I even come to really enjoy it. Im just wondering, what are the symptoms you get from E use? Streaks, trailers, halos, VS, floaties...any hallucinations? DP or DR?

Also, whats the LCHF Diet? And how are you coping with Keppra?

Im thinkin that eventually i really am gonna have to straighten out, tell my family and go to the doctor, but im tryin to prolong that for as long as i can, hahaha, I can function well enough.

Glad youre gettin better bro.

When things was at its worst my symtoms were:

1. Static//VS/"Skyworms", real bad.

2. Afterimages.

3. Tunnelvision, couldnt see "the big picture".

4. 2D-vision, no depht perception.

5. Derealisation, depersonalisation and dissociation. I had lost the "me" completely.

6. Headpressure, like as if my mind was overloaded with confused speeding thoughts.

7. Depressed, anxious and suicidal.

8. Mild floaters.

9. Bodybuzz/trippy feeling

No trails. Now after 7 months on keppra in total, and 3 months on 2000mg + diet my symtoms improvements varies between 80-95%. LCHF/Atkins/Keto-diets have antiepileptic effects. Google atkins + epilepsy. Merkan who wrote alot on the old board and is pretty much free from symtoms thanks to keppra have also had further improvements with this diet.

I manage the keppra sides farly well. Alot of fatigue, anxiety and weird mental things initially, but that fades slowly. After 3-4 months on 1500mg i was 95% free som sides. Now on 2000 a little fatigue/tiredness will probably not go away. Still maneagable. Though i hope to be able to lower the dose in maybe a year or so. You must be veery patient when trying keppra. I am still slowly improving.

Another thing. When i drank moderate amounts of alcohol two weekends in a row, my improvements were put on hold for 4-6 weeks. Im sure alot of chronic sufferers who drink and smoke might get better over time with the right medicine and sobriety.

When things was at its worst my symtoms were:

1. Static//VS/"Skyworms", real bad.

2. Afterimages.

3. Tunnelvision, couldnt see "the big picture".

4. 2D-vision, no depht perception.

5. Derealisation, depersonalisation and dissociation. I had lost the "me" completely.

6. Headpressure, like as if my mind was overloaded with confused speeding thoughts.

7. Depressed, anxious and suicidal.

8. Mild floaters.

9. Bodybuzz/trippy feeling

No trails. Now after 7 months on keppra in total, and 3 months on 2000mg + diet my symtoms improvements varies between 80-95%. LCHF/Atkins/Keto-diets have antiepileptic effects. Google atkins + epilepsy. Merkan who wrote alot on the old board and is pretty much free from symtoms thanks to keppra have also had further improvements with this diet.

I manage the keppra sides farly well. Alot of fatigue, anxiety and weird mental things initially, but that fades slowly. After 3-4 months on 1500mg i was 95% free som sides. Now on 2000 a little fatigue/tiredness will probably not go away. Still maneagable. Though i hope to be able to lower the dose in maybe a year or so. You must be veery patient when trying keppra. I am still slowly improving.

Another thing. When i drank moderate amounts of alcohol two weekends in a row, my improvements were put on hold for 4-6 weeks. Im sure alot of chronic sufferers who drink and smoke might get better over time with the right medicine and sobriety.

Which symptoms were helped the most for you? Headpressure/racing thoughts + DP/DR is what kills me right now

Damn, somethin really weird happened to me last night.

I dreamt that I was watchin TV and that I suddenly started tripping balls...when I woke up I realized that it was a dream, but my visuals had gone through the roof...the snow was turning into so many weird ass patterns, and then I woke up again! I dreamt that i was asleep and dreaming ahaha. I'm still tryin to figure out what happened. MAybe this is why some peoples symptoms just get worse one random day...so much worryin about hppd causes your subconscious to act up, and actually affect your symptoms.

Which symptoms were helped the most for you? Headpressure/racing thoughts + DP/DR is what kills me right now

The headpressure/racing thoughts and bodybuzz/trippy feelings are probably the only symtoms that have disappeared more or less completely. Up to 95-99%. However I only had those symtoms irregularly. Except for when I had been drinking, then I could have it most of the time for 1-2 weeks. Got drunk for the first time in six months now on new years eve. Only got a little dissociation the day after and slightly increased visuales which is fading.

The DP/DR is 80-90% gone. What still consists is mostly me being sceptical about whether I percieve reality like i should. Its really hard to remember how things were before. But it feels like im gradually adjusting.

I smoked for about five years after the onset of hppd (going on eleven years now). I very much regret not quitting immediately after the I first came down with hppd. Your brain is still forming until you are 25 and I desperately wished that I had given myself every opportunity to recover. When I saw Dr. Abraham earlier this year he strongly advised against using marijuana as he personally has seen patients with mild hppd get bumped to severe symptoms after smoking.

marijuana jump-started my HPPD. I'd taken LSD the night before, the next day when I smoked, i felt something pop in my head and I got light headed then I immediately had a flashback. About 5-6 days later HPPD set in. If anything marijuana was a catalyst. For this reason alone, I know it can have an adverse affect on my brain. Give it up, not worth it. Let your brain heal..