What specifically caused your issues??

Gmo

bahaa HAC51 became FAC51

yea, FAC51, man my memory is so shot! I only went a couple of times and it was starting to get well dodgy by then... my older mates say it was class in the early 90s

Most drugs arent but PCP actually is, (lipid soluble or something?) Jamie Foxx actually got spiked with PCP when he was 18 and hes had flashbacks into his 30's...it's also stored in the kidneys i think. Whatever, i try not to think about it. And that datura experience is crazy hahaha i always thought an experience like that was a drug myth, like seeing unicorns on acid.

Oh and i never rolled...i wanted to try it, but im not really a big techno guy, id rather eat 4 grams of shrooms and listen to All Along the Watchtower. But the whole, girls rolling head and gettin nasty scene did have an allure to it.

Belive or not, i got addicted. Even psychically cause all my trips were in a two months period of time.

It's like when you writting a poem, your thougts flow in a wonderful stream and they are all yours, you create it.

But after a pcp its like in a episode in a clockwork orange, where Alex's eyes were streched and he watched thousands bizzare images. You cant close your eyes, and there is an only way - to dissociate in something else, if i just tried to relax and close my eyes a could easily loose ego after that falling "asleep", where i am in a model of some sort of room which is without colours(except one), objects, even geometricless.

So that is what i mean flow - another stream of bizzare and vivid imagination in your head that you should jamm, but you lose your good imagiantion as well. Talking to myself is the only one good thing that blows away from this shit, but it can turn obsessive - and thats bad. You cant see anuthing it like thousands of splashs, faces things, different physics in a second, if there time consists.

Mental rest = stronger DP/DR.

Well I got my ginkgo biloba caps in the mail today so I'm gonna start em. I was taking piracetam for like a month and I do think that it had some positive effects on my mental functioning. Hopefully these do too.

Well I got my ginkgo biloba caps in the mail today so I'm gonna start em. I was taking piracetam for like a month and I do think that it had some positive effects on my mental functioning. Hopefully these do too.

What did you notice with piracetam? Any visual changes?

Many people without HPPD etc report that piracetam improves vision - more vivid colours etc.

Did you take just piracetam on its own, or with other things, e.g. choline, to try and get the best out of it?

What was your dosage?

What did you notice with piracetam? Any visual changes?

Many people without HPPD etc report that piracetam improves vision - more vivid colours etc.

Did you take just piracetam on its own, or with other things, e.g. choline, to try and get the best out of it?

What was your dosage?

I just took it by itself. I read online that it is best to mix it with choline but I didn't feel like ordering any so I just piracetam by itself. I didn't notice any visual changes from it really. The main thing I noticed was my mind was less jumbled and I feel like my speech improved. Before, when I would read I'd have to re read sentences and my mind would trail and it was just irritating. But after the piracetam my thoughts began to flow more normal like they used to before DP/DR. I'm also not that sure about the exact dosage. The bottle I ordered didn't have a scoop in it for some reason so I just ended up taking half a teaspoon twice everyday for like a month. So I'm not sure how much that would be in grams but it was a teaspoon a day, prolly should've taken a bit more. I also feel like the words on the computer screen and in books don't sway as much as they used to. But I'm not sure if I should attribute that to piracetam or just time, or both. But I'd say it's worth looking into. I'll prolly order some more and overlap it with these Gingko caps.

Interesting.

I also get the swaying of words. I can block it out a lot of the time, though.

I've ordered some piracetam, but I don't want want to try too much at once. I just started taking ginkgo myself. I've been taking various vitamins, antioxidants and some other supplements for over a month. I started uridine a week a go.

I have noticed big improvements. Not so much with the visuals but with the non-visual symptoms (headaches, feeling rough, tiredness, muscle spasms, etc). The one possible exception with regard to visual improvements is the phosphenes. I haven't experienced them for over a week. My ghosting may have become worse though - hard to tell.

My next big goal is to sort my sleeping patterns out. I cannot seem to get to sleep until the early hours, no matter how tired I am.

Yea I've tried a number of supplements but not many have a "noticeable" effect. I'm sure they were doing something but I couldn't tell in my daily life. The only one's I could really tell a difference with were valerian root, magnesium, and the piracetam. But yea I've been trying to sort out my sleeping too. I've been skipping a lot of class cause I've been staying up till 4 or 5 every morning then waking up at like 2 or 3. It was worse last semester though, no exaggeration, I was going to bed between 7 and 8 in the morning and waking up at like 4:30 or 5. But I think in the next week I'll be going to bed around 1 and waking up at 9:30 or so. That's the plan anyways.

Yeah man i was the same way, for a few months immediately after gettin HPPD Id literally have to pass out from sheer exhaustion in order to sleep. Valerian Root was my solution for that, it really saved me a lot of heartache. Although be careful because if you take valerian root, even when youre a little tired, itll make it near impossible to fall asleep, it's got pretty bad paradoxical effects, at least for me. I can sleep without it now, i actually use it sometimes to help me wake up a bit.

Yeah man i was the same way, for a few months immediately after gettin HPPD Id literally have to pass out from sheer exhaustion in order to sleep. Valerian Root was my solution for that, it really saved me a lot of heartache. Although be careful because if you take valerian root, even when youre a little tired, itll make it near impossible to fall asleep, it's got pretty bad paradoxical effects, at least for me. I can sleep without it now, i actually use it sometimes to help me wake up a bit.

I'm confused. When to take valerian for sleep?

I was using some sleeping tablets which had valerian in, amongst other things. Relaxing effect, but still couldn't sleep. Melatonin makes it easier, but it's still hard, and with metatonin it was like smoking weed - needing stupid amounts of sleep and feeling groggy the next day. Also, it's not good to take melatonin often, as your body will down regulate its production, and so I'm not really using it much.

I only took melatonin once and the next morning it felt like I was tripping for like 3 hours it was really strange, I haven't touched it since. I took valerian for anxiety though, not to sleep. It really helped calm me down and better apt to handle social situations when I had to work over the summer. I built up a tolerance to the stuff eventually and quit taking it. But it was pretty effective for a couple months for me.

Yeah i also built a tolerance, i eventually started takin it in the mornings as well. Takin 3 at night would pass me out though, but if i were to stay on the computer or somethin and let the effects pass, id be guaranteed to be awake for a long while. Those days seem so far away man, it's weird. I was a college sophomore now it's my last semester.

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry bad 2cp trip. I am so unlucky. Everyone here probably did shit tons of drugs. I got mine due to my single and first hallucinogenic experience, Also did shit lots of M1, and some 4MMC for bout a year.. On the 2CP trip was so bad that I came to consciousness standing in the shower. I was shivering from what had apparently been a cold shower. I looked over at the mirror and literally didn't know who I was. I literally had amnesia after blacking out. So...yeah. pretty sure I fucked my brain on that one. Then proceeded to trip for over 24hrs straight. And bout 2-3 sober weeks later I began to see some snow in my vision. did one more night of RCs and then had full blown HPPD.

HPPD has come from a long and extensive history of hallucinogen use, however, a single experience with a MASSIVE dose of 2C-E has caused my symptoms to get much worse. Those 2C's don't mess around. Granted, I had the warning signs and continued to trip... But I feel like if I didn't have the 2C-E experience, I would be much more functional and my visuals would be less intense. I have heard that people get it from a small number of trips... And it breaks my heart to see that some of you were fairly responsible with your use, just to get HPPD. I have probably tripped close to a thousand times on tons of different things, so it makes me feel lucky that I didn't end up institutionalized.

"Many members have gotten HPPD after a single trip."... God that is just not fair. I can't imagine the anger... Getting a potentially lifelong disorder from a single experimentation?! What the hell. If anything I would be angry that I couldn't do psychedelics again! Just one time?! I wasn't even near ready at the 100th time rolling or frying or hitting the K hole... I am so sorry for you guys... I just don't know what to say.

I did alot of Acid cause it was there, but it was never my preffered substance.

Probly dropped atleast a trip a week for 3 years (2007 to 2010) so figure 150 tabs of acid

Only shroomed a handful of times

Mescaline once

Smoked more weed than I could possibly imagine

Now we move onto the stimulants, my favourites!

I snorted speed, lots, as a teen. Sometimes we'd get together and snort half an Oz in a weekend. So figure a shitload of speed

Then there was meth, oh fuck how I loved meth! I had an easy gram a day habit (and a gram aint cheap in NZ $1000 a gram) for atleast a couple of years.

Than came E's! I dropped maybe a couple hundred E's.

But...it was prescription SSRI's that triggered my HPPD after all that!

Yeah Oliver it's really not fuckin fair. If my brain were as resilient as yours i wouldve never gotten it because i never wouldve tripped so much, it's fuckin bullshit, it's kinda killed my faith in a higher power, or at the very least made me very bitter towards the idea of one in general. Ive also become kind of envious of my friends who do trip often, which sucks, it's definitely something i need to get past, and it's thinkin about this that gets me down on most days moreso than the hppd itself. I never even rolled!

Damn... Good point though G.S. The past is history, the future is a mystery, but now is a gift... That's why they call it the present- Kungfu Panda! Haha... I wouldn't say my brain is resilient. After just a few months of tripping I got the warning signs for sure. Pretty much full blown HPPD even though I don't admit it. What I did wrong was that I ignored the symptoms. I didn't take a lot of time between trips (sometimes not even 24 hours) so I just figured it was residual effects. Then I quit for a while and noticed that it wasn't going away... Even after that I decided to trip again. And not even trip, lick my damn gloves not knowing the amount of 2C-E on the nitrile. So if anything I *had a resilient brain, but that resiliency only allowed me to use to greater excess...

So maybe it is something to consider... I know that if I hadn't gotten so lucky in the first place, I would have continued to use until I was fucked regardless. But I was a very impulse driven user... No consequences could deter me from my DOC or any drug for that matter. All I am trying to say is that, for me anyways, it didn't matter how lucky I was with my HPPD... Either way I would have continued to use, most likely, untill I got HPPD anyways. On that subject, if I didn't go through treatment I would probably still be tripping and still sticking a needle in my arm.