Floaters

tffisthis

Soon as I got it which was while I was tripping. It was as though my vision was a pristine pane of glass that was shot with a BB gun leaving the fragments suspended and mobile as I moved my eyes. 

If the brain is able to filter out noise in the visual field then the ability for this filtering system to work properly has been compromised.

On 3/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, hope1 said:

Soon as I got it which was while I was tripping. It was as though my vision was a pristine pane of glass that was shot with a BB gun leaving the fragments suspended and mobile as I moved my eyes. 

If the brain is able to filter out noise in the visual field then the ability for this filtering system to work properly has been compromised.

And have you ever seen a eye doctor about your floaters if so what did he say 

That they were seen in one eye but not the other. I think psychedelics destroyed the visual noise filtering function of my brain allowing me to see floaters which otherwise would have been ignored.

Before HPPD I only noticed floaters in really bright situations on white backgrounds, like a bright morning after a snowstorm, and I would usually only notice one. After HPPD I noticed at least 20 of them constantly. I went to an eye doctor a week after onset, because I knew what floaters were and knew that a sudden onset can be a sign of retinal tears that can cause blindness. I didn't know anything about HPPD, and I thought that the substances I had ingested had caused physical damage to my eyes what with the floaters and other visual symptoms. When I went to the eye doctor I was told that I did indeed have floaters, but not an unusual amount for an average person, and there was no sign of retinal tearing, and that some people notice them more, and I should wear sunglasses to stop them from bothering me. Almost two years later I still see them constantly even in a dimly lit room. Most of my other symptoms such as afterimages shimmering surfaces, and breathing walls faded over the first year to a point where I notice them extremely rarely, but this one sticks with me. I think that @hope1 is correct that the filtering of this visual noise information in the brain has been compromised somehow. I count myself very lucky that this is my only major lingering symptom.