Effect of anxiety on vision

TryingToHelp

Why don’t you take that article and shove it up your ass motherfucker? HPPD is a real condition and you have absolutely nothing worthwhile to say that will add value to our plight so pack up your shit and get the fuck out of here. There are people, kind, compassionate, caring individuals that are credentialed looking for solutions to solve HPPD. What you are doing, in effect, is discounting the severity and validity of this disorder by chalking it up to being in our heads. Buddy, I would relish the opportunity to switch places and to be frank, you wouldn’t last a day. Don’t you come here with your bullshit trying to deconstruct something that you clearly have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about, ok? Keep it moving, don’t ever come back, and learn both some manners and respect when you come to a support group like this scumbag. 

TryingToHelp, if you believe so firmly in this why don't you recruit some HPPD volunteers and test you theory instead of trying to convince everyone with words. You'll need some strict variables for your mental health “treatments” so as to rule out any possible physiological factors having any impact on the possible outcome, surely with your intellect you will certainly know how to set all that up so no need to go in to details. Good luck!

You can try it with most mental disorders like Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Dementia, Mental Retardation, etc theres a huge list. You can do Huntington’s too.

Even blind people, maybe they can see but are just afraid of the light.

Plot twist. The only mental health issue is you.....

giphy.gif

Edited by dasitmane

Wow.  There is no excuse for being mean.  If someone posts a link you don't agree with, perhaps you could help them understand why you disagree with the article.  We don't want people to stop sharing information because it doesn't meet some intellectual hurdle.   If you disagree, explain why instead of taking a virtual swipe at someone.  We're here to help one another, cutting people down doesn't accomplish that.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Wow.  There is no excuse for being mean.  If someone posts a link you don't agree with, perhaps you could help them understand why you disagree with the article.  We don't want people to stop sharing information because it doesn't meet some intellectual hurdle.   If you disagree, explain why instead of taking a virtual swipe at someone.  We're here to help one another, cutting people down doesn't accomplish that.  

MadDoc you should go read all his posts first, then I think you may understand where hope1 is coming from.

Also I think TryingToHelp finally gave up lol. He couldn't bare the truth of being wrong. lmao

On 3/3/2020 at 3:55 AM, MadDoc said:

The thing is, we already DID explain many, many times that we didn't agree with his opinion which he considered as fact.

Of course anyone is allowed to disagree with what we think is right or wrong, but there is a way to discuss the matter. Constantly telling everyone else that they are stupid and don't understand anything because "I KNOW" is a stupid way to make an argument.

The way he expressed his opinions angered everyone, even people like me who never insult people on forums. I started swearing as well.

So as dasitmane says, read his previous posts, the ones under MattyHouseMouse as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dayum_son said:

The thing is, we already DID explain many, many times that we didn't agree with his opinion which he considered as fact.

Of course anyone is allowed to disagree with what we think is right or wrong, but there is a way to discuss the matter. Constantly telling everyone else that they are stupid and don't understand anything because "I KNOW" is a stupid way to make an argument.

The way he expressed his opinions angered everyone, even people like me who never insult people on forums. I started swearing as well.

So as dasitmane says, read his previous posts, the ones under MattyHouseMouse as well.

Exactly

A lot of HPPD sufferers do NOT have anxiety, I myself barely had any anxiety during this whole HPPD experience. I am now completely anxiety free, the visual disturbances are still here and might actually be a bit worse than they used to be when the symtpoms first kicked in.

Considering the overwhelming number of reports which put anxiety out of the question, I don't understand how you can hang on this theory so much.

Now, I think we can all agree that anxiety can exacerbate visual/cognitive disturbances, however I cannot see how this would be the cause of such disturbances.

Many people have seen HPPD emerge months or even years after the last psychedelic dose, and it wasn't related to events in life or other things which would cause anxiety.

As I said, anxiety and HPPD can and very well do mix, but I do not think anxiety causes HPPD.

I myself am very strong mentally and it really takes a lot for me to be afraid of something. I don't see how I cannot be afraid of most things but have anxiety about HPPD which by the way I don't even feel.

I might add as well that, as I said in one of my posts on your first thread, if your logic is that HPPD is just anxiety, benzodiazepenes or other anxiolytic medication should be very effective against visual/cognitive disturbances, since these drugs are very effective at removing anxiety temporarily.

Edited by dayum_son
Added some text.

Ok. Can I say that all hppd roots from anxiety related conditions. No, no one knows the reasons for hppd, it remains a medical mystery.

Can we say that a proportion of hppd cases do? Almost certainly. That is the point I am trying to make.

You may be certain that you are not one, fair enough. You know better than anyone how you feel and how you see. But you dont know that about anyone else, so why are you so against what I say?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TryingToHelp said:

Ok. Can I say that all hppd roots from anxiety related conditions. No, no one knows the reasons for hppd, it remains a medical mystery.

Can we say that a proportion of hppd cases do? Almost certainly. That is the point I am trying to make.

You may be certain that you are not one, fair enough. You know better than anyone how you feel and how you see. But you dont know that about anyone else, so why are you so against what I say?

So no study?

1 hour ago, TryingToHelp said:

You are yourself saying it's a mystery, so why do you keep saying that the only solution pretty much is linked to anxiety ?

What makes you say that ? Research suggests that bad trips could make HPPD more likely to appear, but again, it's just speculation. Many people have HPPD without any anxiety or caused by a traumatic event.

But you dont know that about anyone else, so why are you so against what I say?

This sentence applies to you as well. Your answers make it look like you are the one with the solution.

Mean-fucking-while, there are people who have looked into every single possible explanation, anxiety, neuronal, immune etc etc etc, dasitmane and others are no exception.

Trust me, we are open to all ideas, even the weirdest ones, but being so stubborn to say that the only way out of this mess is by focusing on anxiety and anxiety only is stupid imo.

Even actual research, people who know what they are talking about, found no proof of anxiety triggering HPPD. It can worsen it, but not cause it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dayum_son said:

You are yourself saying it's a mystery, so why do you keep saying that the only solution pretty much is linked to anxiety ?

What makes you say that ? Research suggests that bad trips could make HPPD more likely to appear, but again, it's just speculation. Many people have HPPD without any anxiety or caused by a traumatic event.

This sentence applies to you as well. Your answers make it look like you are the one with the solution.

Mean-fucking-while, there are people who have looked into every single possible explanation, anxiety, neuronal, immune etc etc etc, dasitmane and others are no exception.

Trust me, we are open to all ideas, even the weirdest ones, but being so stubborn to say that the only way out of this mess is by focusing on anxiety and anxiety only is stupid imo.

Even actual research, people who know what they are talking about, found no proof of anxiety triggering HPPD. It can worsen it, but not cause it.

This is what your argument actually looks like to @TryingToHelp

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 6:19 AM, TryingToHelp said:

As someone who thinks their hppd is caused by anxiety, I agree with this. I knew that was the point you were making as soon as I read your post. But a bunch of idiots in this thread just jump down your throat, saying "DOESN'T APPLY TO ME USELESS INFORMATION" when, for many, it really isnt. This bullshit, child-like fighting is only hurting those like me, defeating the whole purpose of this "support group."  Its absolutely appalling the level of animosity present. Unbelievable 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, hope1 said:

It’s looking more and more that there is a genetic basis to HPPD. Anxiety is a by product of the disorder.

Speak for yourself. My hppd was sparked by an immense period of stress. I didn't have any vision probably for the prior 25 years of my life. 

And for the record, its improved 60% 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:03 AM, dayum_son said:

He didn't say it was the ONLY solution dude. He said it was ONE PATH to hppd. 

You're profile picture really is accurate 

You are the stupid ones 

Do you even have a formal diagnosis for hppd?? 

The diagnostic criteria clearly states:

"Re-experiencing after cessation of a hallucinogen"

https://behavenet.com/diagnostic-criteria-29289-hallucinogen-persisting-perception-disorder-flashbacks

Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) is a chronic (and sometimes permanent) disorder in which a person has flashbacks of visual hallucinations or distortions experienced during a previous hallucinogenic drug experience, usually lacking the same feelings of mental intoxication experienced before.

Edited by Spartan

On 5/13/2020 at 4:00 AM, LumiLVI said:

He didn't say it was the ONLY solution dude. He said it was ONE PATH to hppd. 

You're profile picture really is accurate 

*Your.

I don't see how insulting me proves your point. I'm sorry, I'm too lazy to argue with you today. Maybe another time. Or maybe reread the thread.