HPPD, Neurotoxicity, and Fasting

CSivs22

Honest to god I truly believe HPPD is just a form of neurotoxicity and we can keep talking all this science bullshit about receptors and medications but it's a dead end people. These drugs that we ingest are neurotoxins and stuck in our brains/nervous systems (not fact but theory). I came across a post on the internet about a man who fasted for 11 days and reported all HPPD symptoms completely gone. And if you do your research on fasting you'll find the fastest way to clear toxic chemicals from our body/brains and boost BDNF is fasting. BDNF which is something called the brain derived neurotrophic factor is basically the ability for our brain to sprout new neurons and delete old ones (neurogenesis). Here is a little theory of mine although I'm not sure of LSD, MDMA, Mushrooms etc. but I got my HPPD purely from Cannabis which I know to be fat soluble. Now if you go on google and type "Are brains made of fat" it'll tell you 60% of our brain is made of fat which gives me the idea it makes sense why I'm having Persisting symptoms years after cannabis because these chemicals are literally stuck in my fat cells. More on fasting... From what I read about fasting...in the old hunter/gatherer days we find a meal and gorge on it because we wouldn't know when our next meal is coming. Our bodies are designed for survival so in periods of no food our brains undergo some process (I forget what)  to detoxify and sharpen our cognition so we are able to figure out our next meal. In today's times this isn't possible we got food at our finger tips. We can just hop in our cars and go to Mcdonald's, food market, or restaurants whenever we want so our brains never truly under go this process. Theres also reports of people doing smaller fasts like (2-3 day) water fasts and reporting results similar to 6 month of normal recovery. Just think about how insane this thought is.... when we get a cut or scape, get stabbed, shot, or break our arms our bodies heal, But why not the brain? The brain is literally the most important organ we have, yet we are told most injuries to the brain are irreversible. I will try and provide links to some stuff mentioned above but I urge a lot of you to look into fasting and if your on meds look into intermittent fasting/keto. I did some research and exercise is very similar to fasting in terms of what it does to the brain. In my own personal experience though, you get worse before you get better. Like I would go for a run or do some intermittent fasting and symptoms seem to flare up...I'm unsure if it's because of it being stressful on the body or if its the toxic fat being released and being processed through your body...so in essence you go through some discomfort but in the long run it does help. So I guess start very very slow and work your way up if your willing to give this a go. Youtube has a lot of info on Keto/intermittent/water fasting and to me so so interesting guys. Our bodies are designed to heal themselves and good ol' Big Pharma doesn't want you to think that because they'd be out of business. They want you to think your fucked and have to take these meds forever for their own selfish gain. Such a sad world but its reality. 

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/fasting-to-cure-hppd.688613/

There was also another old post on some shroomery site that had a report of a man fasting for 11 days and curing his HPPD but I can find It hopefully someone else can. 

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23880110 (This wasn't the exact post but similar)

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

While fasting and various dietary interventions have shown potential benefits for health and brain function, the claim that fasting alone can completely reverse conditions like HPPD or eliminate all traces of neurotoxicity might be oversimplified. Szechuan chicken recipe Neurological conditions, including those triggered by substance use, can have complex underlying mechanisms that involve multiple factors, such as neurotransmitter imbalances, receptor dysregulation, and structural changes in the brain.

HPPD is a relatively rare condition characterized by the persistent presence of sensory disturbances after using hallucinogenic substances. Its exact cause is not fully understood and likely involves a combination of factors. Just like preparing a Szechuan chicken recipe requires careful attention to various ingredients and cooking techniques to achieve the desired flavors, addressing complex neurological conditions demands a multifaceted approach. While anecdotal reports can be intriguing, they don't replace rigorous scientific research, which requires controlled studies, placebo groups, and objective measurements to draw reliable conclusions.

Edited by sarah.white