THC one of the causes... Thoughts??

rt2019

After reading lots of theories that one of the causes of hppd could be dopamine depletion I got thinking. I used to be a massive stoner and smoked weed everyday for years. It’s now been shown that excessive thc can over time deplete the brain of dopamine, there’s a load of studies online if you google it. I never ever got any symptoms of visual snow etc while smoking before I took 2cb. After taking 2cb I smoked weed the same night after coming down and that is what I believe caused my symptoms. 

My theory is that my dopamine levels were super low already and then the 2cb damaged or brought them so low that when I smoked again I caused some changes in my brain. This was in 2016 and I didn’t smoke again after that night for 3 years. Cut to October just passed and I thought I was 100% recovered so had literally 3 burns of a very weak joint. These tokes were enough to make my vs and after images come back, I now also have really mild Palinopsia. I also have had horrible panic attacks and depersonalisation. 

I also really believe that anxiety and depersonalisation are the absolute main cause of all of the psychological problems we face. CBT is really helping me in this department, addressing some unresolved stuff! I also know I’ll get better again but time is the biggest healer for this shit!

Anyway it would be great to hear your thoughts on this, were we all stoners before/while we tripped? I’d love to try Sinemet and see if my theory is right, at least for me. 

Looking forward to hearing from you guys! 

edit I also believe visual snow syndrome is the same thing as hppd. 

Much love

Edited by rt2019
Extra info

The way I see it, it's a neurological problem that causes such psychological distress. I suffer from extreme brain fog and I myself share strange visuals. My life is at a complete stand still because of this. No doctor will help you with this. I have tried. I have asked for and FMRI, and neuropsychological evalutation and the doctor said good luck finding an insurance company that will help with that. What I want to do for myself is study this, and understand what's going on in the brain, what's lighting up, what's not. I want to take cognitive testing and really assess my overall fluid intelligence because I really believe there's a god damn problem. The best way I can describe it is like something clicked, when this all happened and haven't felt right ever since. Lots of people feel this way. Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Post concussive syndrome but a doctor wont help you. Your just thinking to much take this pill and shut the fuck up. Sorry if you feel worse or get more problems. I've been suggested anywere from anxiety to schiz.

I just feel so numb and dumb all the time and all I really want is to feel and think again.