Beta Blockers

As far as I know, they are safe. I’ve taken them plenty in the past, albeit never on a regular basis. The reason for this is if it helps—tolerance and subsequent withdrawal can be really rough. Imagine not being able to stop epinephrine from over agonizing? It’s not fun.

if you have dpdr problems look into naltrexone. Low dose is easy with minimal side effects. I know one member on here took 50mg once and had a permanent decrease in his dpdr, although it was not a pleasant experience while on the drug. This is understandable as it is a opioid antagonist and will make you depressed, temporarily, in high doses. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried Propranolol with minimum helpful effects.  However sexual dysfunction was worse.

To see if the opposite would help SD, tried Salbutamol (pill form of albuterol) which is adrenergic β2 receptor agonist.  Was concerned about trying since common side effects are tremor, anxiety, headache, muscle cramps, palpitations and sleep problems.  Already have these problems but tried it anyway.  It actually helps vision (especially feeling disconnected) and helps RLS and anxiety and SD.  Tremor a little worse but nothing of concern.  Also helps breathing as I have asthma and this is an asthma med.  Naturally this was surprising and am still working with it.  Taking it (4 mg) only AM and noon so its mostly gone by bedtime.

It would seem odd that to find anyone else that albuterol helps with HPPD symptoms.  But I am one of the few that find coffee is relaxing rather that stimulating.

• Like 1