Back! Possible Cure Part 2 - No Guarantees But Were Here Anyways

Fawkinchit

3 minutes ago, olivier24445 said:

Any known case to this day regarding people born with visual snow syndrome ? 

Plenty. 

You can read experiences on reddit, probably facebook (i hate it), and they have a quite popular forum too: tapatalk.com/groups/thosewithvisualsnow/

Many get extremely surprised when someday they find out that this exists, and that the rest of the world actually sees the world DIFFERENTLY! Sounds mind blowing... but it happens.

It's probably as "popular" as HPPD... the only difference being (imo), they haven't used psychedelics.

1 minute ago, yosoydiego said:

Plenty. 

You can read experiences on reddit, probably facebook (i hate it), and they have a quite popular forum too: tapatalk.com/groups/thosewithvisualsnow/

Many get extremely surprised when someday they find out that this exists, and that the rest of the world actually sees the world DIFFERENTLY! Sounds mind blowing... but it happens.

It's probably as "popular" as HPPD... the only difference being (imo), they haven't used psychedelics.

Ok, interesting. Ever heard of a mother / son transmission,  then,  in those cases ? 

Haven't heard of a mother/son transmission.

Just found another sufferer, this time "Visual Snow" (hehe), which found remission in keto-like diet: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thosewithvisualsnow/crying-tears-of-joy-because-the-vs-is-almost-gone-t8495.html

BTW... we're just proposing crazy hypothesis here, but there is another post in this forum talking about a recent study finding cause and cure for HPPD... that makes me stressed, that some people might have more information and don't want ("can't") share it. I guess it's the way the world works... but I don't like it :)

1 hour ago, yosoydiego said:

BTW... we're just proposing crazy hypothesis here, but there is another post in this forum talking about a recent study finding cause and cure for HPPD... that makes me stressed, that some people might have more information and don't want ("can't") share it. I guess it's the way the world works... but I don't like it :)

If you're referring to Hope's thread he doesn't specifically say they did, he says what if, and only eludes to the possibility of the sort. Also classifications of whats actually meant by "reversing" are very broad. "reversing" could simply just mean taking a specific antipsychotic, treating the symptoms etc. Maybe they did though! That would be great. Also for all we know it could just be hypothesis from the doctors. But, ya, I agree, I dont like how this world works either.

Also, I dont think the hypothesis here are very crazy, they have a lot of potential!

It's a bit strange, but i remember back in 1998 when i had my first hppd symptoms, my brother (who was smoking weed occasionally with me at night) told me in another context he had for a whole week felt like he was stuck  "in a dream" , so depersonalisation episode. I always wondered if it was just a coïncidence or if we have been exposed to something , back in the days.

Edited by olivier24445

The following 2 photos are from the book "Why we sleep", which summarizes a lot of research into sleep. Here it mentions the relationship between cortisol and gut bacteria. IMO, and in line with what was discussed here, both having potential as real HPPD cause. Or perhaps not cause, but "mechanism", because the "cause" could still be considered, strictly, drug use... but it would be only one of the many possible triggers.

As I mentioned previously and in my first post: my girlfriend and me starting having the same sleep issues after our last drug intake, even when the experiences were 100% ok and mild. We would wake up revved up at 2am, and could feel an "alien" anxiety, something that could be explained as "artificially high levels of cortisol". I'm still waiting for a blood cortisol test result, but by that time I was already much better. 

High stress for a long time on its own could be terrible. Influencing the gut and immune system, even worse.

Just food for thought.

160.jpg

161.jpg

On 10/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, olivier24445 said:

Ok, interesting. Ever heard of a mother / son transmission,  then,  in those cases ? 

I didn't have VS or any kind of vision problems. However when I got HPPD, I told my mom about the symptoms and she said she has VS too, she says it used to be strong when she was young but has diminished with age.

AFAIK, Dr. Abraham talked about some kind of hereditary weakness when it comes to visual symptoms.

Edited by dayum_son
Added a sentence

I suffer from, probably really severe, brain fog. I used to call it derealization/depersonalization when I used to have panic attacks, years ago from it. I've read all sort of stuff over the years about brain fog, and just about everything can cause it. I also have a strange visual symptom that started to occur shortly after the "brain fog" occurred. I don't really know what to call it. I've heard starbursts but don't really know. When ever I look at a brighter surface/outside/light source, I see tiny pin pricks of light in a white noise pattern occurring in the same area of view were the brighter light source is. This happens really fast for like 5-10 seconds and then things adjust. I've tried sunglasses but the same thing happens with them on as well. I would say that maybe I do notice some visual snow, but that's only at night with practically no light. The brain fog however is particular disturbing. It's borderline debilitating and I feel like quitting my sanitation job and living on assistance. I like my shift were I work, but I'm never going to get anywhere in life working this shift. I want to make more than 14 an hour. I've tried other shifts but multitasking is a serious issue with this "brain fog". All in all, I feel like I'm constantly going in circles all the time and my world just feels like its going by me so fast. It's so hard to keep up with anything. I feel dead in the head. Maybe numb... and dumb. I smoked weed about 4 times back in 2010, great times, no issues. Smoked K2/spice once, took one or two hits, propelled myself into a terrible panic attack for about a half hour, felt like forever, got better, but still felt kind of groggy, high, dizzy for about a week or two. I used to drink alcohol on the weekends, and never really much except for a few occasions. Then one weekend I was drinking all day but lightly, I basically sustained a mild buzz all day, but then it never went away and here I am with this brain fog. I do not drink alcohol or do drugs, but I love sugar and caffeine. Quitting may help but probably so marginally. Here's a previous post I made.

How do I help this? I've read about the methyl B12 protocol, but you have to undergo cheating therapy first, and of course there are other herbs and vitamins out there, but I am scared to try anything honestly due to potential side effects from doing things wrong. I feel so screwed up honestly it prevents me from wanting to try anything for fear of screwing myself up more. I don't even really socialize anymore because all the people I know drink and do drugs. Where can I start? I am really interested in methylation in general, it just makes sense to me.

I am probably thinking about taking ginkgo and St. John Wort. My father said he kind of felt like I did when I was younger but probably not as so severe as me. He really took them because he just wanted a little edge without having to take something a lil more hardcore, if you know what I am talking about. I thought about trying to get some Ritalin or Adderall from a doctor but again I am afraid to take anything really.

I really wonder how hereditary are HPPD and Visual snow syndrome.....

What if hppd was just a dorment triggered  Visual Snow Syndrome

I know my own father had a very thought crisis when he was a teenager...sadly, he found his "cure" in a deep dive into extreme religion, back in the 60's...

Mmmm.... What if actually he had just a strong visual snow syndrome ? 

Edited by olivier24445

4 hours ago, Moonlight said:

I am probably thinking about taking ginkgo and St. John Wort. My father said he kind of felt like I did when I was younger but probably not as so severe as me. He really took them because he just wanted a little edge without having to take something a lil more hardcore, if you know what I am talking about. I thought about trying to get some Ritalin or Adderall from a doctor but again I am afraid to take anything really.

I would highly recommend that you do not get on Adderall. Its literally speed. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that would be a good idea, no offense.

I can't say anything bad about Ginkgo or St. Johns Wort.  I don't believe they will have any significant effect on HPPD however, IMHO. I believe others have tried it. You can however try sage if you would like. 

2 hours ago, yosoydiego said:

This went quiet... :(

Lol, pretty much all the possibilities have been discussed to their fullest. There's not really much to elaborate on. I just hope people try this and that it works to some degree for them too.

I can add as well that anyone with this condition would do well by avoiding monosodium glutamate. I've always noticed eating foods that has it exasperated my symptoms.

The only other thing I think there is to do is to have HPPD awareness type stuff, since I feel med science plainly ignores the condition when researching hallucinogens. But I'm sure its a funding thing or something to that degree. Like how all avocado health studies were funding by avocado growers. Learned that yesterday on Rotten on Netflix.

I asked Hope as well if he meant they did have a treatment or not and he never responded in that thread.

Check out this new old book I found! Looks pretty interest, I've barely skimmed a couple pages so far but he immediately gets in to electromagnetic balance etc to sum it up very shortly, seems pretty interesting. Always love finding old books like this. Some are pretty ridiculous, but some are what I would consider a gold mine.

y7x3upW.png

Edited by dasitmane

19 hours ago, dasitmane said:

Lol, pretty much all the possibilities have been discussed to their fullest. There's not really much to elaborate on. I just hope people try this and that it works to some degree for them too.

Have you posted it somewhere else?

Honestly, I love forums like this one... but sadly, Facebook and Reddit have way more movement, perhaps you should post there and see if your treatment helps someone else, and eventually confirming your hypothesis :)

On 10/11/2019 at 4:57 AM, yosoydiego said:

Have you posted it somewhere else?

Honestly, I love forums like this one... but sadly, Facebook and Reddit have way more movement, perhaps you should post there and see if your treatment helps someone else, and eventually confirming your hypothesis :)

I have not, unfortunately I've never used Reddit. Its a little too... populated for me.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:04 AM, yosoydiego said:

Question: did you notice any effects on your sleep?

I've been reading that it may enhance or create lucid dreaming, more REM state, etc

I never noticed it, but now that you mention it I do sleep pretty hard on it. 

I guess we could also consider like a... viral infection, something that feeds on the receptors? Idk... lmao.

Role in virus endocytosis[edit]

5-HT2A may be a necessary receptor for clathrin mediated endocytosis of the human polyoma virus called JC virus, the causative agent of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), that enters cells such as oligodendrocytes, astrocytes, B lymphocytes, and kidney epithelial cells. These cells need to express both the alpha 2-6–linked sialic acid component of the 5-HT2A receptor in order to endocytose JCV.[8]

This is one of the craziest stories IMO, of a group of people that took massive doses of LSD on accident. About a year ago I look further in to the story and a few were contacted years later to ask if they had any lasting effects, and they reported pretty much none it seemed. This is the main story that makes me think there is an alternative explanation for HPPD, that its not caused directly by hallucinogens. The terminology if you really think about it by the doctors in these reports is pretty fucking hilarious too. "intranasal self-administration" LMAO, snorting some fucking drugs. Btw, typical doses as far as I know for LSD is 100ug-500ug, if you do the math given as per the test of their blood plasma, they had an average of 78,750ug in their total bloodstream. 78,750ug......

There have been no documented human deaths from an LSD overdose. Eight individuals who accidentally consumed a very high dose of LSD intranasally (mistaking it for cocaine) had plasma levels of 1000–7000 μg per 100 mL blood plasma and suffered from comatose states, hyperthermia, vomiting, light gastric bleeding, and respiratory problems. However, all survived with hospital treatment and without residual effects [56].

Coma, hyperthermia and bleeding associated with massive LSD overdose. A report of eight cases.

Abstract

Eight patients were seen within 15 minutes of intranasal self-administration of large amounts of pure D-lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) tartrate powder. Emesis and collapse occurred along with signs of sympathetic overactivity, hyperthermia, coma and respiratory arrest. Mild generalized bleeding occurred in several patients and evidence of platelet dysfunction was present in all. Serum and gastric concentrations of LSD tartrate ranged from 2.1 to 26 nanograms per ml and 1,000 to 7,000 mug per 100 ml, respectively. With supportive care, all patients recovered. Massive LSD overdose in man is life-threatening and produces striking and distinctive manifestations.

Edited by dasitmane