Headache caused new symptom

holly

Hey all, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the forum. How is everyone doing? Hope everyone is in a better place from when I was active. I’m back again because 2 days ago I got a tension headache, dull pain for hours. During that time I got what felt like migraine static, but not migraine static. It was like a circle of inverse colors of what I was looking at all around my peripheral and in the middle of my vision. Anyone has any experience with new symptoms arising during headaches? I started to get really anxious, almost crying at a certain point because what was happening felt unfair. It went away after I took a nap, still kinda shook about it. Thank you all for reading, gonna be more active again. Love you guys 

-Andrew

10 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Hey Andrew!

I think that sounds way more like migraine aura than anything hppd related. Try to relax about it and just monitor the situation, for now.

Hope it all goes well, Jay

Should I be worried? A migraine aura can mean worse things medically correct? 

I get colorful "sawtooth" images once or twice a year.  The doctor said I had experienced a migraine. A lot like this animation below.  In my case, it lasts for about 20 to 30 minutes.  I don't think the cause of my migraines has anything to do with hppd.  However, my visual auras have complex patterns  embedded in them.  That, I think, is related to hppd.

I never get a headache, but I guess that's not unusual.  The doctor didn't think it was a big deal.  I had some eye tests done to rule out vision issues (or to get more money out of me).