Seeking out people willing to tell their story

mth97

On 6/6/2020 at 8:08 AM, Ben 91 said:

Hi @Ben 91 ! To answer your first question, this is absolutely not an anti-drug documentary. We recognize that psychedelics can be beneficial for some in helping depression, anxiety, etc. We plan to mention that within the documentary. Our message is to bring awareness to what HPPD is and to show the research that is currently going on to help the cause. Along with the documentary, we are creating PSA videos explaining how HPPD can occur with many different types of drugs and can happen with single use or many many years of drug use. Basically, we want to tell the public our story and explain what HPPD is through personal anecdotes, interviews, research and more! :) The NRF documentary team is compiled of mostly people who have HPPD (for me I've only had it for ~2 years and for others 10+ years) with all different experiences, yet we all want the same end goal: to spread awareness and help our community! We hope that we can get as many people as we can on board because every story is so important and we want everyone to feel heard. If anyone has any more questions, never hesitate to ask! 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:06 AM, Spartan said:

Im happy to film it.. likely would be much better. will find the time to do so. cheers

@Spartan thank you so so much for helping! We appreciate the braveness in telling your story. It helps so much! If you have any other questions, feel free to message me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Helllo there friends my names dan i’ve had my fair share of trips honestly maybe like 300+ acid trips not a lot of shroom trips did coke once or twice. I felt relatively fine until one night i thought i was doing a line of coke and it turned out to be crystal meth. It’s vee. roughly 3 months since that happened and the first month was horrid, frequent panic attacks that still occur just not as bad. But now i feel like i have hppd, i get slight after imagining when i look at bright things for example i’ll see the tv in my vision after i look away from it a colorful square is there for about 15 seconds, when i look at the window and the blinds are down i get lines in my vision, i’ve been a hypochondriac since then. I’ve had my eyes checked and they’re all good, I get floaters here and there that move with the direction i look in. Intrusive thoughts that i do my best to relax, heart palpitations and it doesn’t help i’m 21 and 156lbs and can see my heart beating in my chest. I persistently do my best to better myself by staying organized, i want to be a pilot but i don’t know if i’ll pass the medical certification with this going on. Or if it’s even happening at all and i just over examine every little detail about absolutely everything. It’s a hard life but i think it will get better with a better lifestyle and time. Finding a career and becoming more active day to day. No it will not be easy but i did this to myself. 

• Jay1 unpinned this topic