Forum help required

Jay1

Hi, I received an email yesterday from the forum company and due to a (one off) spike in traffic, they are trying to change our service from $60 to $330. Sadly, I simply can't pay this amount each month. I see two ways to keep the forum alive.

1) Try to get donations from users and other sources to help pay the forum bill.

2) Try to move the forum to a dedicated server.

Can anyone help with 2)? @David S. Kozin.... If we do this, I will need access to the domain name to set the DNS.

All the best, Jay

2 hours ago, iancurtis said:

I can help technically with setting up server and stuff if needed.

Great, thank you... If I can get access to the domain, let's do this.

Ok, the the database format that invision users and the conversion scripts to put it on a different message board service is going to require importing. I have a special love for Rochenhost as a private host service that hosts Joomla's official site.

I won't let anyone host the site at their home or private server unless I have known you for 15 years and you have remarkable credentials with the community. It is a HUGE responsability to hold the email addresses and private messages access of all of the people on this web site who want to keep it private, and I wouldn't host it on a server that I own, but a VPS or equivalent. 

But, I knew invision would start screwing us over. I doubt traffic jumpted like. 

They don't offer enough to be worth it.

Jay, I trust you with a copy of the sql db files in holding. I am going to do the same and see what the issue is with getting it converted to another open source service, or hell... maybe we take a radical shift and lock the database and talk about what are our next steps. Either way, is someone willing to help Jay out. 

I will offer all I can, which is my time to the donor. - I will see how bad the situation is (and suggestions).

I am going to get my Reseller Plan at Rochenhost open for my own purposes. 

https://www.rochen.com/reseller-hosting/

People who know, know. Unless you work for a datacenter and will sign your name away to one of our attorney's for an NDA, and we do have a ton of HPPD attorneys with serious credentials. Anyone who would host it would be required to treat it like a research database with a ton of information that is worth less stress that it is worth.

Ok, I am writing a reactionary message. I literally am glad I got this today and not the last 10 days of a klonopin withdrawal designed to bring be down to the lowest dose I have had in 10 years. I am going pretty good after breaking through and right now. 4mg to 1mg. After 20 years. 

- dk

Ok, the the database format that invision users and the conversion scripts to put it on a different message board service is going to require importing. I have a special love for Rochenhost as a private host service that hosts Joomla's official site.

I won't let anyone host the site at their home or private server unless I have known you for 15 years and you have remarkable credentials with the community. It is a HUGE responsability to hold the email addresses and private messages access of all of the people on this web site who want to keep it private, and I wouldn't host it on a server that I own, but a VPS or equivalent. 

But, I knew invision would start screwing us over. I doubt traffic jumpted like. 

They don't offer enough to be worth it.

Jay, I trust you with a copy of the sql db files in holding. I am going to do the same and see what the issue is with getting it converted to another open source service, or hell... maybe we take a radical shift and lock the database and talk about what are our next steps. Either way, is someone willing to help Jay out. 

I will offer all I can, which is my time to the donor. - I will see how bad the situation is (and suggestions).

I am going to get my Reseller Plan at Rochenhost open for my own purposes. 

https://www.rochen.com/reseller-hosting/

People who know, know. Unless you work for a datacenter and will sign your name away to one of our attorney's for an NDA, and we do have a ton of HPPD attorneys with serious credentials. Anyone who would host it would be required to treat it like a research database with a ton of information that is worth less stress that it is worth.

Ok, I am writing a reactionary message. I literally am glad I got this today and not the last 10 days of a klonopin withdrawal designed to bring be down to the lowest dose I have had in 10 years. I am going pretty good after breaking through and right now. 4mg to 1mg. After 20 years. 

- dk

Ok, so 32 members last posted between  and 

It is possible because of the facesofhppd info, but I am still annoyed with invision to require such a jump. 

- dk

It was a spike for 1 month. and dropped already back to normal. I have a few ideas, but one part is I hate that I lost the ability to access the raw database files without having to ask for them. 

Maybe a paradigm shift for the whole community? But, after we have the information in our hands only, store off cloud (i took like it on an Amazon server. There are people expressing interest in writing static content, but I just don't want to loose the research and info aspect. We do have hppdonline.com and can point it wherever, but should wait until we take the stuff with us. 

I have to pick up family from train station today, cleaning house and I am moving back from a temporary living situation while handling the medication withdrawal, and now that I have jumped down I will have a new phase. 

- dk

They do it on how many users are online at once... Our limit is set at 30 and it went to 85. I have been on the phone to them and they have agreed to set it back down to the current tariff, but I feel this might be a wise time to cut the cord. All it takes is one popular reddit post that directs here and we could be billed for $1000s.

True. I don't know what the requirements are for running the forum but it sounds like an Azure or AWS shared environment that is rather traffic based than user based might be a cheaper solution. Maybe privacy is the issue then. What about a dedicated virtual server? Then you'd have full control. There are a lot of cheap options out there. I've used Lunanode in Canada for my Bitcoin projects, supereasy to have up and running, stable and cheap, Linux based. 

I will get into this in a person message, but to be short:

They are using it on an Amazon server if I had to guess. 

The issues are:

1) I created a message board system in 1998, then I used early versions of PHPBB and eventually SMF. I have hosted the web site since 1998, and the most traffic the site received was between 2001-2004? I eventually ended up with a managed dedicated server. Honestly, this was a waste of money. 

2) HPPDonline.com has cost $30 for over 20 years.  Hosting cost about $200/month for about a two year period while hosting the research for Depersonalization disorder and heavy traffic. 

3) Hosting has cost $7,000 over that period. 

4) I have two goals for research that must be maintained for the web site (If I want to use it as such), but either way I refuse to have anyone other than myself or Jay have access to the actual database. As it is, we have have moderation action logged, every wrong login from an Admin marked and because 9 our of 10 members do not sign in, and I know a lot of them because risking even having any meta data connected to HPPDonline.com and your workplace, spouse, partner, etc (in many more cases that the younger generation might actually appreciate) would mean people would get fired, divorced and just for finding a job for those of us with public front "ends": I am unable to find any normal work. Every hiring agency runs a Google search at minimum. The Harvard and publication work only works FOR me if I am applying for a position that requires me to be a researcher. Other that this, would you hire someone you didn't know to process you data entry if over 20,000 pages on Google link to this new employees name to drug use, tripping and why are they applying here? 

5) SO, I AM VERY PROTECTIVE ABOUT THE DATABASE. It is also information that gets included in a write up for a grant. Writing, "Limesurvey is hosted on Little Jimmy's Server Appliance in his bedroom next to his EZ Bake Oven and the family's alcohol" just won't make it as good as 24/7 Linux Engineers, with multiple datahousing centers and data storage compliance is XXXXXX, including Carbon Offsetting XXXXX".

6) So, I am going to ask the people who run the hosting for Joomla's own sites if they have experience pulling from Invision Power Web databases and importing it, and put on one of their plans that do not use hyperbole and I can e-mail the tech's at the firewall if I want to create my own rules/etc. The owner of 15+ years still works with others on the floor. The host is https://www.rochen.com/

Any discussion I am open to hear, but need blood and sweat to be convinced otherwise. Rochen has edited PHP and other scripts as part of normal support while I was caught in a jam. The support is amazing. 

We could all pay for it with a cryptocurrency donation. BAT coin? Using Brave server. 

Anyway,. I would also need some people for developing static web pages. 

If you want a history of HPPDonline.com... check out the Internet Archives. 

HPPDONLINE.COM OVER THE AGES:

screenshot-web.archive.org-2019.08.03-02-24-47.jpg
download.jpgscreenshot-search.google.com-2019.08.03-01-24-47.png
|screenshot-web.archive.org-2019.08.03-02-20-45.jpg

Since it started, I thought the Nationbuilder system had some very unique things that can work with another system to create a very effective tool for generating interest, policy and awareness with a very powerful human and other management side. 

It worked for the Prime Minister of New Zealand, and many large non profits are switching over. 

It enables EU privacy rules downloadable information files and because it is used election sites it is very conscious about security. 

I am currently testing just a simple sign up system, which will ask for a phone number and an address, the phone number is mandatory, and it will let you know I will be in touch with you. We could also make it where it could sign someone up for events, get information. In the backend, someone texting the message to this main number will have an account created, and I have a dashboard of tasks to do and it will pop up I need to contact you. I set up auto tags so I know supporters, it can set up memberships, be useful for doctor recommendations or even send a phone text alert if research or a social group is set up in your region (maybe a 100 mile radius). It works world wide. 

It can collect money, but full disclosure is that it goes straight to my bank account. I used to have a seperate 501(c)(3) but dissolved it after the research and life happened. 

So, if you want to just test the basic system, I also have it set up to give any user 12 months of free "Subscriber" level membership. Again, full disclosure, this is essentially had no meaning at this point, and I never wanted to offer people unable to pay for services any denied services, but it could mean that my library of documents that cost money can be accessed with a controlled system. 

The themes use liquid and are rather simple. I was an ASP and C programmer back in 1996 and then did PHP with a MySQL server and designed a research system to pass Mt. Sinai School of Medicine New York IRB requirements and successfully had 384 participants and is currently one of the most cited papers for DPD diagnostic criteria (almost or over 100 citations) and we did it without a budget. 

Here is the test signup text: 

Text HELP to +17346071765 to be an early tester or the contact system.  I will call you back within 2 days and explain much more.

For donations, until I point a domain to the site we have only the subdomain. I own eyedisorders.org, hppdonline.com, and perceptualpsychology.com. 

If you are interested learning more, and about what server host I prefer to use if not this place and the VPS and other plans they have and mu history with them I can point you in that way. Knowing the best way to have OPENauthentication so the systems are happy communicating but without forcing Twitter or Facebook accounts is a big goal. 

I need people to help support me, and I had a major break through in my personal life and am down in my meds and grad school is next goal and I have new protocols for visual neuroscience and imaging testing. Also, epidemiological tests. There are very smart people on here, and very capable people that can do everything from missile guidance systems, very prestigious attorneys and software folk.

Time to get back in the saddle --- just so much bad information -- and we should control our story. 

https://davidkozin.nationbuilder.com/early_donors

Current design:

Screenshot_20190805-074518_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also, as a gift:

dkozin-Reflist(3).rtf.pdf